The Tale of Lonkey Island

Started by Cmdr, Sat 15/10/2016 00:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmdr

Hey guys,
today I present you my new fangame:

The young Grisush Thriftweed lands on the Caribean Island of Miele and wants to become a firefighter!
But after he has beaten the 3 trials, the zombie pirate ElChoco kidnaps the govenor of the island.
Of course it is the business of our hero, to rescue the govenor...

This story sounds very familiar but also very strange to you?

You're right!  :grin:

The Tale of Lonkey Island is a parody on the classic adventures of LucasArts. Everything is very similar, but also very different than in the original games.

Features:
- Classic old-school fan adventure
- Classic retro graphics and sounds
- Full length game
- English and German voice output to read for yourself
- includes 5 parts located on 3 different islands
- very freaked out story and puzzles including a lot of suprises
- alternative solutions and game ends

DOWNLOAD on AGS-Gamesite

Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]

I wish you al lot of fun!   :grin:

Note that the game's original language is German - so if you like to play it in English, choose the English Translation.

Frodo

This looks great.  Can't resist giving it a try.  :grin:

Downloading it now.  :cheesy:

Danvzare

You grabbed my interest, now you have my attention.
This is something I've got to play. (nod)

Downloading now.

MMMorshew

Right now I am in part 1 as I explore the city of Miele Island, but so far I can say I really like all the things I have seen so far (playing in german btw :D). I enjoy the humour a lot and how it takes a bizarre spin on the events of the original game. It took me a short while to find out how to get the cook out of the kitchen, but other than that I never got stuck so far. :D
Generally I am very fond of the idea of using all the assets of the original games to put them back together in all kinds of weird ways... it`s just so interesting to see what comes out of it (enjoyed this kind of style before in Quest for Glory 4 1/2).
I will keep playing it, can`t wait to see what other stuff still lies before me :D

splat44

I'll like to play but setting isn't right!
When we attempting play at full screen, it run smallest screen when with run as windows instead as full window deselected using setting.

Can you fix this?

but playable area is very small and you might enlarge as full screen!

MMMorshew

Aaaah, I`m stuck D:

Spoiler
I just fed the poisened meat to the dragon, and I somehow have to get past the dogs inside the sheriffs house. I have no idea how D:
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

I thought this would be a crappy dirty "remix" of existing assets but the comment above make me want to try it. ;-D

Danvzare

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 20/10/2016 23:33:46
I thought this would be a crappy dirty "remix" of existing assets but the comment above make me want to try it. ;-D
You won't be disappointed. :-D

splat44

I found something funny!

Spoiler
We can open governor bed room door by standing near bookshelves funny!
[close]

Cmdr

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 22/10/2016 18:02:25
I found something funny!

Spoiler
We can open governor bed room door by standing near bookshelves funny!
[close]

Lol - didn't you noticed the secret switch to open the door in the bookshelves? ;)
Spoiler
Actually this is an issue of AGS having problems with pathfinding :-\
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Monsieur OUXX

Found a blocking bug :
Spoiler

after you take the hamster, cannonball leaves. You're left alone in his house. Before leaving the house, if you close the door to the sea, and then re-open it, an invisible character says "thank you" and then the game stops responding. All you can do is killing the process.
[close]

Cmdr

Update:
Version 1.1
-Fixed some bugs and other issues

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Cmdr on Sat 29/10/2016 22:54:15
Update:
Version 1.1
-Fixed some bugs and other issues

Congrats

blur

The game uses the font without a proper "z".

Cmdr

Quote from: blur on Fri 17/03/2017 01:34:38
The game uses the font without a proper "z".

Hi blur, I already found this issue while playing with an inofficial android app.
When I start the game directly with the exe in windows, there is no problem with the "z".
Could you go more into detail with your proposition?

blur

Quote from: Cmdr on Thu 18/05/2017 20:10:29
Hi blur, I already found this issue while playing with an inofficial android app.
When I start the game directly with the exe in windows, there is no problem with the "z".
Could you go more into detail with your proposition?
I will try:
I downloaded the game from the link in the first post.
I run the game in AGS, version 3.4.1.3 on linux.
As you can see there's a problem with the "z" in this screen shot,
but also the outlines of the font are shifted to the right the further the text goes to the right:

Perhaps the font is broken or there's something wrong with the freetype library (version 2.5.2) used in my AGS engine.

Cmdr

Thanks. I think there is a compatibility issue between the game and your Linux runner. (also the game uses just AGS engine version 3.3.4.2.)
Have you tried to run the exe directly with wine?

blur

Quote from: Cmdr on Mon 22/05/2017 06:31:37
Thanks. I think there is a compatibility issue between the game and your Linux runner. (also the game uses just AGS engine version 3.3.4.2.)
Have you tried to run the exe directly with wine?

Thanks to your information, I complied version 3.3.4.2 of the engine and the problem with the font outlines does not appear there.

But the "z" still looks like an "Ã,,±":

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk