Detective Gallo

Started by Texmurphy78, Tue 25/10/2016 15:14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

The graphic style of this game as the style used in colors is simply fantastic. :)
One of my friends tried the demo and was very pleased to play.
I've not had the chance to try it yet but I should do it as soon.
I wish you still good luck for the game. :)

Complimenti ragazzi, avanti tutta. 8-)

Texmurphy78

Thanks! :)

We keep updating all of you by showing you the game menu: here is detective Gallo in person at his office desk, (not pleasantly) welcoming the player before to start the game!
What do you think, guys?

Stay tuned on this forum topic and on our official facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/detectivegallo/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Please don't hesitate to ask further about the game and share your advices!
Maurizio

Texmurphy78

Ah, here is a BIG QUESTION for all of you: which way you would greet the most grumpy beaked detective on Earth while entering in his office? (laugh)

Blondbraid

Awesome menu, I like the unusual layout!  8-)

Texmurphy78

Hi everybody, there's great news!  8-)

GOG.com contacted us after successfully evaluating our Alpha Demo: they liked the ironic and hard-boiled style for a point-and-click adventure game!
That means that you'll be also able to purchase/download Detective Gallo also from GOG in DRM-free version, apart of Steam and Zodiac platforms.

Stay tuned for further updates  (roll)

CaptainD

That's great news, congratulations!  ;-D

helpessfool

Wow. The talent on his forum is incredible. This looks like it's right out of the golden age of late '90s adventure games, the spiritual successor to games like Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island. It's even got that great sense of humor that made such games so endearing.

I'm excited for this one!

Texmurphy78

Hi, guys!

A brief update of the game informing you that we are implementing cutscenes and polishing dialogues.

Clicking on the link below, you can watch a speedrun video showing Gallo in one of the game cuscenes (to be completed):

Speedrun Video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=savIc_kcoeA

Cassiebsg

Looks, nice, but why is the picture jumping all over? 8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Darth Mandarb

I would guess it's how the screen cap software interprets the tablet (cintiq?) rotating. Looks great either way.

Texmurphy78

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 11/06/2017 18:47:03
Looks, nice, but why is the picture jumping all over? 8-0

That "jumping-over picture" is one of the references for the key colors of the protagonist :)

Cassiebsg

Somehow, I think DM's reply makes more sense... thanks. (nod)

Stupot

That was cool. The 'jumping about' seemed to be in time with the music but I think that was just coincidence.

Texmurphy78

Let me explain that... the popping-up Gallo picture that you see sometimes during the video is a reference image that I'm using to pick up the key colors for Gallo.
That's it :wink:

Cassiebsg

No, I meant the image rotating in all different directions. DM's explanation makes sense, I thought you guys had done it on purpose for the video. :-\

CrashPL

Nice one! I really like watching such speedpaint videos (mostly because I did similiar ones back then :D).

Texmurphy78

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 12/06/2017 12:51:39
No, I meant the image rotating in all different directions. DM's explanation makes sense, I thought you guys had done it on purpose for the video. :-\

Ah, the rotating image. I have a Cintiq, by the way I'm using Paint Tool Sai software (do you know that?) which is very precise when you draw and/or clean up drawings.
This software allows the user to rotate the image through some shortcut buttons on the keyboard without necessarily rotating the Cintiq.

AnasAbdin

I love the speed paint. I did get a little dizzy from the rotations so I decided to enjoy the video as a music video not as a tutorial (roll)
I think you're talented, but if I wanted to draw Detective Gallo for the first time, I'd need outlines, shapes and dividing lines. And of course a stabilized video :-[

I think you are one awesome character designer 8-)

Kini

I've just finished the demo, and it was fantastic! Great work. I can't wait to play the full game.

The art, music and voice acting are all great, but I particularly liked the puzzles, especially...
Spoiler
...the solution to turning on the high-powered lamp.
[close]

A couple of minor bugs and one very minor quibble:

- After I double-clicked out of the crime scene room, the crying sound effect kept playing wherever I went. I saved the game, quit and re-loaded, which fixed the problem.

- When I tried using...
Spoiler
...the revolver with the 'cable with plug' in the dark, I got an Italian subtitle (I was playing in English).
[close]

- I found it annoying and unnecessary that during my dialogue with the guy in the plant room, after every time I said something like, 'So, we were saying...' to get us back to the main dialogue tree options, he repeated the same line. I think you could stand to just cut this out.

But, as I said, overall it was great. Keep doing what you're doing!

Texmurphy78

Many thanks!

Thank you for positive and negative feedback, very helpful indeed.
What you've played was an alpha demo that we are improving: e.g. the bug with Phil Cloro crying even after getting out of his house has been already fixed.

By the way, thanks for the encouragement to move ahead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk