LimpingFish's Super-Spooky Halloween Giveaway! (Update 8/11/16: IT'S OVER!)

Started by LimpingFish, Mon 31/10/2016 03:37:59

Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

UPDATE 2: 8/11/2016

Annnnddd...it's dunzo!

UPDATE: 6/11/2016

At 23:59 GMT (that's 11:59 in the PM) on the seventh day of November, this offer of free games will be rescinded. That's right, all good things..etc, etc. The remaining keys will go back into storage, perhaps to emerge again next year. Or maybe they'll appear in a new list of games come December...Who can say?¬¬

Anyhoo, all keys are still available for the next twenty four (odd) hours, so...

Original post:

Boo! Halloween, eh? Yeah...good times.

(cough)

Anyhoo, to celebrate all that is spooky, ooky, and...all that, I've decided to have a horror-themed Steam key giveaway! Cue signage!

Yeah! Let's hear it for logos!

So, behind the spoiler tags lies a list of spooky (whoooo!) games, much like those above. If you notice any that take your fancy, simply post your interest in this thread and I will PM you the corresponding steam key. Titles with an asterisk have multiple copies available, so don't worry if somebody gets in before you as a key may still be available. Titles with a strikethrough have been claimed and are no longer available.

List-me-doo!

Spoiler
BOO! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
[close]

Whew!

With retail prices of between .99 and 19.99, 2D and 3D, pixels and...not pixels, there's bound to be something for everyone. Happy Halloween!

Small Print: One (1) key per customer (don't be a greedy gus!) All keys come from reputable sources (Humble Bundle, Bundle Stars, IndieGala, etc), so there's no need to worry about dodgy key sellers and stuff. All keys should work, though some are quite old and I may have already given them away and forgotten about it. If a key doesn't work, I'll happily substitute it.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

Ooh LimpingFish you are a kind man.

I would love to grab The Walking Dead Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches if it's at all okay with you, good sir.

:-*

Gurok

Oooh LimpingFish, you are indeed very kind and generous.

I should like a copy of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream if it not be too much trouble.

A toast! To Mister LimpingFish, founder of the Halloween giveaway. Hear, hear!

It's a Halloween miracle! God bless us ... every one.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Radiant

Amayirot Akago

Mighty kind of you, LimpingFish :) I'll take Kholat, if you please.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

Wow LimpingFish, that's a huge amount generosity. Have a great big virtual hug! :-D

I don't want anything, I just want to say thank you. I love seeing acts of kindness like this. :)

gameboy

Kumpel

Oh, how nice of you, Mister LimpingFish! Could I claim Uncanny Valley?
Thank Boo!

Blondbraid

How very, very nice of you LimpingFish!

I'm interested in NecrovisioN (one of those games I always thought looked cool but never actually got around buying...).

Mighty Thanks! ;-D

Slasher

I just gotta have:

Shadow Man

what a great offer from LimpingFish (nod)

cheers

slasher

Amayirot Akago

This thread's gotten rather quiet and there's still a ton of games remaining... would it be too presumptuous to ask for another?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 04/11/2016 13:31:04
This thread's gotten rather quiet and there's still a ton of games remaining...

Well, to be fair, I am claiming people's eternal souls in exchange for-

...I think I've said too much. ¬¬

Quote...would it be too presumptuous to ask for another?

Yes, and you should feel bad for doing so.
Ask away! ;D

Creamy

So many horror games...

You sure like to scare yourself 8-0

Radiant

In that case, I'd like to see if the Steam port of 7th Guest is any good. I think I have the CD version in an attic somewhere, maybe.

Blondbraid

If I may, I liked Necrovision and I'm very grateful for it and it would be fun to have Necrovision: Lost Company as well.

Tabata

WOW!  8-0  What a list! :shocked:

It's like standing in a biiig sweets shop with the posibility to take whatever you like best for free.
Sooo much sweets - Yummy!

I'd like to call for Silence Of The Sleep*

In case the  *  at this game means something like - not suitable for mice - (roll)
I would gladly change it to 9 Clues 2: The Ward  :grin:

Thank you for your generous offer Mister!

LimpingFish

Keys sent!

To be honest, the "one key" condition was just to keep people focused on games that they would actually like to play, rather than taking a game for the sake of taking it.

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 05/11/2016 01:58:40
In case the  *  at this game means something like - not suitable for mice - (roll)

All my keys are certified 100% rodent friendly. :)

The '*' just means I have multiple keys for that particular title.

Stupot

I'm enjoying Rhiannon. It's haaard though (Mostly working out what to do). I've had to consult a walkthrough once so far. That was just because I missed a piece of paper.

@Tabata - Steam tells me you've played this. What did you think?

Amayirot Akago

Tabata

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 05/11/2016 03:27:26
Keys sent!

All my keys are certified 100% rodent friendly. :)
I got the spooky key and it worked   Thank you very much (also in the name of my kind) to be someone who cares - it makes us sleep much better to know (nod)

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 05/11/2016 03:27:26
The '*' just means I have multiple keys for that particular title.
... that's even mooore games  *faint*

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 05/11/2016 03:39:16
@Tabata - Steam tells me you've played this. What did you think?
Yes, my dear - Steam told you the truth :cool:
I tried it and it has something interesting (searching and investigating especially pondering based on what you found).
I'am still not through by far - seems to be too hard for my little mouse brain - but I didn't delete it from my hd to hopefully do a tiny progress after training and a cheesy meal. So not giving up for now :wink:

Have fun (also taking some pills of vitamine B might assist?)

Adeel

Oh, what a fine generous man you are, LimpingFish.

I'd like The Walking Dead: Season 1 if it's still available.

Thanks in advance.:)

LimpingFish

Attention! The giveaway has entered it's final 24hrs (see first post)!

If anybody else wants some free games, now is the time to ask.

Danvzare

Alright, I concede, I must choose one before time runs out!

Can I have Dracula: Origin please. :-D

Ryan Timothy B

Wow that's some list. I had started to check each game title manually on Steam since 99% of these I hadn't heard of, but I got through a quarter of the list and went holy jeez and ran out of steam. I'm assuming you've played all of these? Would you know if there are any games in the list like Firewatch, FTL, or Zelda, or anything warm and campy and easy to play?

LimpingFish

I've played a lot of them, to some extent, but there would be some that I haven't played. I buy a lot of bundles (curse the person who invented bundles!), which results in a lot of spare keys, sometimes for games I never got around to playing in the first place. So take my recommendations with a grain a salt.

Organ Trail: Director's Cut might appeal to fans of FTL, though it's a little less hard core. Can't say there's anything with Zelda-like gameplay, though Abyss Odyssey is a good, if tricky, "Metroid-vania" style game. As for Firewatch, there's a few horror-themed "walking simulators" on the list, though none of them are very good. Outlast, though, is a decent first-person horror/mystery-type deal, much like Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Outside of those, my personal recommendations would be...Year Walk (a very creepy 2D adventure/walking simulator), Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves (an action/strategy/tower defence deal, with more story that most), and The Last Door: Collectors Edition (a very low-res, pixel Lovecraft adventure.)

Ryan Timothy B

I admit I'm a bit interested in Outlast and Lumber Island - That Special Place. Just not sure which to choose. Probably Outlast. I played a bit of Amnesia long ago and it was enjoyable.
Oh, do I say Trick Or Treat?

LimpingFish

Have both! ;-D

Anyway, everybody seems to have received their games with no reports of invalid keys! Yay! The giveaway is now over/done/history.

Let's do it again...sooooooooon! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk