MAGS November "Afterlife" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Tue 01/11/2016 00:26:14

Previous topic - Next topic

xBRANEx

I started a bit but realized I wouldn't have time.

Here's the walk of the main character, the meanest man who lived on this earth - Timothy Ashowl

[imgzoom]https://media.giphy.com/media/3oriO57z8UtxtXPFcY/giphy.gif[/imgzoom]

And this is his grave. He asked to be buried as far as he can from other people!

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/YsIamvr.png[/imgzoom]

Really sorry I couldn't do it, a beautiful theme!

CaesarCub

Quote from: xBRANEx on Sun 27/11/2016 13:27:21
I started a bit but realized I wouldn't have time.

I'm really sad to hear that, that walk animation looks so fun.

Danvzare

Quote from: CaesarCub on Sun 27/11/2016 15:47:50
I'm really sad to hear that, that walk animation looks so fun.
I'm sad too, not only because the walk animation looks fun, but also because I would've loved to have seen how much this "meanest man on earth" would've made me hate him. :-D

Blondbraid

Terribly sad to hear that you didn't make it, xBRANx, I agree with CaesarCub and Danvzare, your animation looks great and the story and character seemed interesting.

I recently finished my entry myself, here is a link:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54211.new#new

It's  game about a german soldier in WWII, whom in death gets a new perspective on life. Sort of.
What do you guys think?

Shadow1000

I really liked that. It just took a few minutes to play. Not much in terms of puzzles but definitely moving and thought provoking. I liked the references to Sniper and Spotter. Fits the theme of the MAGS really well.

Well done!

SHADOW

Riaise

It's a shame you couldn't make the deadline, xBRANEx. Will you keep working on it and release it sometime anyway?

I can't wait to play your entry, Blondbraid! It looks really good!

Here's my entry: Psychopomp

Story:
The Psychopomp must guide newly dead souls to the Hereafter, but can they make the journey to safety?

Screenshot:

Details:

Mandle

Well... I've just started working on my entry...

Wish me luck!

Cassiebsg

Good luck Mandle! I know you can make it! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 28/11/2016 16:22:37
Good luck Mandle! I know you can make it! (nod)
Best of luck to you!

Just played through Psychopomp, a really nice game!

Riaise

Good luck, Mandle! You can do it! :-D

Thanks, Blondbraid! I've just played Fallen Soldier, and it's really thought-provoking and quite emotional. You've done a really fantastic job!

Shadow1000

I just played psychopomp and it's awesome! I enjoyed the animation and the music fit really well. Short game with good puzzles. It's unusual to have multiple playable characters in a short game made for a MAGS entry, so good job on that! I agree with the comment on the fact that the mission and story is conveyed with zero dialogue being a great touch. Great entry that fits the theme.

Well done

SHADOW

Mandle

Well, my "game" is finished but it's 2AM here so time to sleep...

I will upload tomorrow in time for deadline!

YAY!

Cassiebsg

Congrats Mandle in finishing you "game" with 1 day to spare!
This will put pressure into slasher... 1 day game? Got to be a record for MAGS! (nod)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

QuoteThis will put pressure into slasher... 1 day game? Got to be a record for MAGS!
Even with four pairs of hands and heavy involvement with other games that even I can't do this months MAG (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 29/11/2016 17:06:51
Congrats Mandle in finishing you "game" with 1 day to spare!
This will put pressure into slasher... 1 day game? Got to be a record for MAGS! (nod)(laugh)

Well...You'll understand when you see it...

I started making it because I thought this MAGS might have been a one-horse-race, so it was really just to give Blondbraid something to win against...But I think it might give someone a chuckle at least...

Mandle

And here it is in all its glory after a few more tweaks today:

THREE GUYS WALK INTO HEAVEN
[IMGZOOM]http://i63.tinypic.com/14v2rnn.png[/IMGZOOM]

Literally a "joke game" I made for the 2016 November MAGS, the theme of which was "Afterlife"...

This is a joke a dude from Nepal I used to work with told me around 20 years ago, and I have never heard it before or since, so hopefully you haven't heard it either...

Its complicated structure challenges me to retell it every now and then as a test of my mind as I grow older...

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

And don't forget to play all the MAGS games this (and every) month and rate, comment, and vote on them...This helps keep our lovely AGS community warm and fuzzy!!!

Blondbraid

Thank you for your kind words, Riaise, I'm so happy that you liked it!

Mandle, I just played your game, and while I've heard a variation of that joke before, it was nicely executed in the game,
the cute background and angel choirs really added something a little bit extra to the joke.

Stupot

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

Fallen Soldier by Blondbraid
Psychopomp by Riaise
Three Guys Walk Into Heaven by Mandle

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS [MONTH]

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database