Trumpmageddon

Started by Stupot, Wed 09/11/2016 08:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Cuiki and Jack, you're talking like Philip J. Fry: "It's a widely believed fact".

If a woman is "widely regarded" as being corrupt, when she's no more corrupt than the next man, there's a good chance that misogyny has a hand in it. I have no idea what Zuma or Samuel L. Jackson have to do with this.

Jack

Quote from: Ali on Sun 13/11/2016 13:08:07
If a woman is "widely regarded" as being corrupt, when she's no more corrupt than the next man, there's a good chance that misogyny has a hand in it.

Even if that were true, "good chance" is not a "100% chance", making a summary judgement on the use of the word incorrect at least some of the time. That's not true of course. Even if everyone is at least as corrupt as she is, there are documents proving it in her case. For most politicians an accusation of corruption is speculation, for her it's a certainty.

If you truly believe she's no more corrupt than the next man, then what makes her a better choice than the next man? The fact that she can "can actually identify with [women] and the struggles of all American women"?

You're the sexist. You're the one giving her preferential treatment because of her gender.

(I'll remind you that if trump is as corrupt as hillary (certainly not impossible) then his entire campaign, which was based on an appeal to the public, not saudi arabia or qatar, would have no bearing on his presidency. If they are all equally corrupt then they are all equally fit to hold office)

Ali

Oh no, am I being sexist against men? OH NO!

Jack

Yeah, funny how that's a joke and not a mortal sin, isn't it? We're all equal, but some are more equal than others, eh?

And no, that's still sexism towards women. Most mainstream feminists are sexist toward women. Affirmative action is racist. Positive bias is still bias. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ali

Being a feminist is sexist. Ignorance is strength. We can all read Orwell, some of us understood it.

EDIT: And in case a mod feels like this is off topic, I would argue it's not. Many people are living in a fact-free fantasy world, oppressed by evil feminists and tyrannical Black Lives Matter activists, and those people just voted for an orange fascist. It's relevant.

Jack

I didn't say feminism is sexist, I said you're sexist, like most mainstream feminists. The ones who believe women and some races should get special treatment.

Anyway, I've made my point. I'll not gain anything by arguing with a self-identified -ist.

Stupot

Now that Trump has made some U-turns already, how about some more (perhaps amended) predictions?

Adeel

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 13/11/2016 15:01:58
Now that Trump has made some U-turns already, how about some more (perhaps amended) predictions?

:grin:

Ryan Timothy B

The reason I hold so much anger towards Trump being president-elect (other than his obvious racist, sexist, supremacy shit of an attitude) is that not once in his debates or rallies did he say anything factual. Nothing he said gave even the slightest hint that he knew what he was talking about. It was always "this is broken" "this needs fixing" "that country is evil". Even when he spoke of industrial/commerce, which should be his biggest strength, he made it sound as though he was a student running for school president but couldn't remember what he was talking about.

I've watched dozens and dozens of Obama speeches and the man sounds like a genius. Even Hillary sounded as though she knew the ins and outs of politics - the so-called verbal reach arounds required to keep peace and to make deals with other nations. Trump doesn't know any of this. All he knew and all he stood for was hate. Hatred towards Obama, hatred towards Hillary, hatred towards USA. As if the voters all agreed: "I can really stand by this guy - he shares the same hatred as me"

Even when he spoke of businesses taking their production factories to other countries, he never offered any solutions. It was like his campaign was filled with statements as blank as "stubbing your toe hurts" and people would cheer because he knows of the problems people are facing - but they would dismiss that he wouldn't offer any solutions.

All he focuses on in his debates and rallies, other than hatred, is jerking off his persona of being successful and rich. I got tired of hearing him talk about how much money he claims to have. Or how many properties. Non of that was pertinent to his running for presidency, yet he would get standing ovations as though he just announced the solution to world peace. I simply don't understand the appeal.

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 11/11/2016 11:45:52
Quote from: Ryan Timoothy on Fri 11/11/2016 02:02:05
Quote from: Adeel on Thu 10/11/2016 22:55:07
Now, I wonder why would immigrants (Muslims or Non-Muslims) vote for Trump?
Because she's a woman.
Ha ha ha! (laugh)
Oh this thread has given me so many laughs already.
Sorry I am missing the joke. I certainly didn't mean to imply it was the only reason.

It was an observation from when I worked 6 years in a sawmill with mostly Indian and Pakistani immigrants. It was a big family values company which hired both husband's and wives and quite often I would observe a very inferior approach to how the women acted with men and their husbands. The husbands always drove. The husband often always walked in front of the wife. Even at times these women would step out of the way in hallways etc to let me walk ahead of them - which was the most awkward feeling ever. I also felt they would avoid eye contact. This observation could definitely be considered stereotyping as I've never been anywhere outside of North America, but it happened nontheless and it felt to me as though these women were inbred since birth with this ideology that men are superior. This behavior was almost non existent in those that immigrated into Canada many years earlier.

Also on my facebook feed, I have this cousin who is married to an American and she is a giant religious nutcase. Lately she's been posting nothing but congratulation posts simply because Trump disagrees with abortion. Nothing else matters to her about either candidate but that one single thing. Based off that, I'd say religion likely also played a big role in why Trump was elected.

Scavenger

So Trump appointed Stephen Bannon to be his chief strategist.

Stephen Bannon, if you don't know, is the head of Brietbart News. Brietbart has consistently courted Neo-Nazis for years, and none of their stories even approach the truth in even the most roundabout way. They constantly witchhunt, it's virulently racist and sexist, homophobic and transphobic, not to mention, most importantly, the ANTI-SEMETISM. Like literal nazi shit. He might as well have people from The Daily Stormer as his propagandist. Look at the headlines Bannon's newspaper uses (Major content warning for lots of bigoted headlines):
Spoiler

[close]

How do Trump voters reconcile this? Every decision Trump has made in appointing his cabinet has been increasingly awful, and how the fuck are we supposed to feel?

Also, he's already complaining about living in the White House, and how many days a week he has to be president. What kind of president is he even trying to be? Hillary Clinton could have been the First Female President, Trump's trying to line up to be the Worst Male President.

Babar

I keep thinking that he can't possibly be as cartoony as he appears, and any moment he'll do an about-turn with a 'Haha! Fooled ya!', but that seems less and less likely. It'll be an interesting couple of years for the rest of the world too.
Quote from: Ryan Timoothy on Mon 14/11/2016 01:01:39
Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 11/11/2016 11:45:52
Quote from: Ryan Timoothy on Fri 11/11/2016 02:02:05
Quote from: Adeel on Thu 10/11/2016 22:55:07
Now, I wonder why would immigrants (Muslims or Non-Muslims) vote for Trump?
Because she's a woman.
Ha ha ha! (laugh)
Oh this thread has given me so many laughs already.
Sorry I am missing the joke. I certainly didn't mean to imply it was the only reason.

It was an observation from when I worked 6 years in a sawmill with mostly Indian and Pakistani immigrants.
Judging from his reaction, I get the feeling Adeel thought you were being non-serious with your response.
While there's no doubt that there are issues with misogyny there (notwithstanding cultural differences like eye contact being considered aggressive and confrontational rather than an indication of trustworthiness and warmth), I'm not sure that'd be a valid reason to not vote Hillary, considering that Pakistan elected the first female head of a Muslim majority country twice (first time almost 30 years ago), and while I don't know the politics of Adeel's family, he is in her (party's) stronghold city.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Jack

Quote from: Scavenger on Mon 14/11/2016 02:55:25
...and none of their stories even approach the truth in even the most roundabout way.

This is a lie.

Some recent links as an example:

Kellyanne Conway: Obama, Clinton Should Calm Down Anti-Trump Protesters

Massive New Zealand Quake Triggers Tsunami, Residents Flee

AP's Pace: Clinton Campaign ‘Laughed' at Bill For Caring About Rural Voters

Bernie Sanders Fans Mount State Party Challenges

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Attacked by Left for Lacking Bias to Help Hillary Win

Watch: Humorless SNL Cold Open Features ‘Hillary' Singing ‘Hallelujah'

CNN's Chris Cuomo Claims It's Illegal for the Public to View Hillary Emails Released by WikiLeaks

Now imagine how much more effective your post would have been had you just posted the offensive headlines without grossly exaggerating the truth. I would also suggest you consider how much easier it would be for people to take your opinion seriously if you were making a rational argument rather than a clearly emotional reaction.

Scavenger

Quote from: Jack on Mon 14/11/2016 11:40:15
I would also suggest you consider how much easier it would be for people to take your opinion seriously if you were making a rational argument rather than a clearly emotional reaction.

Oh, I'm sorry for being emotional when THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES KEEPS APPOINTING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MURDER PEOPLE LIKE ME.

Ali

Scavenger should have said: "some of their stories approach the truth in the most roundabout way." Then he wouldn't have been guilty of inflammatory exaggeration of the sort that upsets Breitbart readers so much.

Scavenger

Quote from: Ali on Mon 14/11/2016 11:44:30
Scavenger should have said: "some of their stories approach the truth in the most roundabout way." Then he wouldn't have been guilty of inflammatory exaggeration of the sort that upsets Breitbart readers so much.

Yeah, I'll revise my fricken sentence then if it'll appease Jack.

"Brietbart's writing contains a very high quantity of falsehoods, and the non-false stories they put up on their website are most likely mere fig leaves so they can have plausible deniability that they just peddle 100% complete bigoted garbage."

Jack

You see, adjectives are important to convey specific information. That's why we don't censor them.

Stupot

Oh for fuck sake... this is petty.

I nearly said "everybody needs to calm down" but I was worried someone might pick up on my misuse of 'everybody' (roll)

Scavenger

Oh, come the hell on, Jack.

You completely ignore the fact that Donald Trump has appointed a Neo-Nazi as his propagandist just to poke me about semantics? Like no, not literally every fucking word they publish is false, that's not what's important. Is scoring points against me more important than what I was actually saying?

Excuse me for being emotional, the last time we had Nazis in government, LGBT people and mentally ill people were some of the groups that were put against the wall and shot. I don't want that for anyone, not me, not my friends, not anyone.

Jack

How dare I point out that you support your beliefs with statements which are 100% false?

I'd like to see some proof that trump's appointees intend to murder you.

Or just swear some more and panic. I'm sure that will help.

Snarky

Quote from: Jack on Mon 14/11/2016 12:14:04
How dare I point out that you support your beliefs with statements which are 100% false?

Maybe you'd have a leg to stand on if you hadn't done exactly the same thing yourself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk