Artist(s)/Animator(s) required for new idea from Richard & Alice co-creator

Started by Lewis, Mon 14/11/2016 16:59:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

Hi everyone. Lewis here. I'm not often around these parts any more but I've had an idea for something I'd like to work on, which I'm currently vaguely exploring, and wanted to put feelers out for artists and animators that might be interested.

Project
It is, essentially, a series of short interactive stories built in AGS - adventure games between 10 and 30 minutes in length, around five or six of them to be distributed together. They all take place in the same universe, at exactly the same time. But none of the characters or stories are connected. The world is sort of post-apocalyptic, but with a twist. Happy to share more via PM.

Positions: Artist/Animator
Even though I did the art for Richard & Alice, I'm a terrible artist (which is why Richard & Alice looks genuinely terrible, as well as the game was received) and regardless, this one will need a different style too. More detailed, more typically adventure-gamey, but with style and artistry. Beneath a Steel Sky might be a good reference point for what I have in mind, but I'm looking to bring someone else's / other people's style to proceedings too.

If we go ahead with this, we'll probably be looking at 10-15 backgrounds / object sets plus full animation sets for 5 or 6 player characters and limited animation sets for a further 3 or 4 NPCs. Don't mind whether it's the same or different people doing the characters and backgrounds; what's important is that they work well together.

Timescale
Let's talk about this one. But maybe between 1 and 2 months all in?

Interested in discussing further? Drop me a PM with some examples of your previous work.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk