Please welcome Cat as your new Talk & Chat moderator!

Started by , Mon 28/11/2016 18:40:46

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Hi folks, after many years I find myself moderating this forum less, and figured it would be good to have someone else who is engaged and active with the community to step in as my replacement. I hope you'll welcome cat to the fray, and behave for her (I'm sure you will!) as she takes over moderation of this board. cat has worked on numerous AGS games and attended numerous events and as you know also does pick of the month and probably other things around here even I don't know about! More than I do, that's for sure... It's also nice that, finally the moderation team has someone female on it (laugh)

Although I won't personally be dealing with day to day board moderation, I can still help out with forum-wide or major issues (thanks Berian) and hope to continue some discussions we started about the future of AGS. Cat will however, swoop down like cat-woman, or climb up a wall like cat-woman, or whatever cat-woman does, it's a godawful movie I don't really know, but cat will be like that, climb-swooping down/up, if you report posts or cause trouble here, from now on (roll) I will of course be sticking around but as you can see from my profile I want to keep things "all things Screen 7" for a while, my focus is with that for now. I may change my profile back to usual soon, just wanted a bit of change in the meantime. And will of course, be continuing to use AGS!

Talk & chat is a good forum and it's always been a good one to moderate, good quality posts and discussions. I've been meaning to pass the moderation on for a wee while, and cat's enthusiasm for AGS and the community never fails to impress, so hope you'll agree to the moniker of moderator passing on to her. And all that hectic thread locking and conspiracy debunking it requires ;)

clap mode

* Screen 7 claps

end clap mode

Thank you cat and welcome to the AGS moderation team! := Now you can lock and delete my posts to your hears content! And icey's. (wtf) :)

CaptainD

All hail Cat!  (But she can leave Icey's threads alone :P)

Hope your projects go well Mark, and thanks for the gentle modding over the years.

Danvzare

Congratulations Cat! :-D
(This is one of those things you're supposed to congratulate right?)

Let's all hope Cat doesn't go mad with power and ban us all. (laugh)
(Although let's face it, we all know it's going to happen.)

Andail

I endorse this appointment.

Also, all new local moderators must buy the global moderators a beer, that's a time honoured AGS tradition.

[delete}

"The mod is dead! Long live the mod!"

@cat, congratulations for being our new local custodian.  :) 

@Mark/ m0ds, thank you for your generous commitment since the 90's.
I like also your Screen7 account, maybe we can have both?

Stupot

I demand a recount!

Not really. Good stuff. I look forward to being moderated by you, cat :-D

Mark. All the best with Screen7. Long may she continue to grow.

Snarky

NickyNyce

This should ease the Hillary supporters for a bit.

Looking forward to you laying the hammer down when needed.

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Mandle

Ponch

Thanks for all your hard work, Mark. And welcome, Cat. :cheesy:

MiteWiseacreLives!

Woohoo!
While the cat's away the mice will...
(wtf)
Oh crap, nevermind.

cat

Thank you, Mark, for the kind words and for your work as a moderator!

I'm sorry I didn't reply yesterday evening, I was busy playing Tales...
I hope that you, guys and gals, behave well and I don't have to do that climb-swooping-thing a lot because it might lead to serious injuries on my side. :P

@Andail Too bad it's two weeks too late for that...

ThreeOhFour

Dualnames

I don't wanna rain on your parade, cat, I'm happy for you, but c.leksutin was the best moderator of ALL TIME.

OF ALL TIME!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Danvzare

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 30/11/2016 10:43:53
I don't wanna rain on your parade, cat, I'm happy for you, but c.leksutin was the best moderator of ALL TIME.

OF ALL TIME!
Shhh, you must hail our new overlord, lest you incur her wrath!

Dualnames

She is now the newest mod on the team, that took forever to brush off.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cassiebsg

I welcome you to your new rein of dictat... moderation... (nod)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Disco

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk