OGG video problem. ** SOLVED **

Started by migrator, Tue 29/11/2016 11:24:46

Previous topic - Next topic

migrator

Hi!

I have a splash video in ogg format (Theora video codec and vorvis audio codec). VCL plays it well, but AGS shows a blank screen if i try to play it in room_Load() and reports an error in AfterFadeIn(): Video playing error: File not found or format not supported.
I'm sure Ags fonud the video because if it plays the same video, in the same folder, in avi format. The only possible reason would be the video format.

It is there in AGS any special configuration for ogg/ogv video files to be played?

Thanks

Crimson Wizard

People often have this problem when switching between two cases - OGG Theora and MPG/AVI videos - because they should be added differently.
(I recall answering same question earlier this year)

Quote from the manual's PlayVideo article:
The first is OGG Theora, which is a recently introduced video file format. AGS
has built-in support for playing these videos, so everyone who plays your game
will be able to see the video. OGG Theora videos are also built into the game EXE
file when you compile the game (just make sure the file has a .OGV extension and
is placed in your main game folder).

The second type of files that AGS can play is anything supported by Windows Media
Player. This includes AVI, MPG and more. However, in order for these to work on
the player's system, they will need to have the correct codecs installed. For example,
if you create your video with the XVid codec, the player will need to have XVid installed
to be able to view it. These types of video cannot be included into the game EXE,
so you will have to place them separately in the Compiled folder for them to work.

migrator

Thanks.
If i put the PlayVideo() in the room_Load() the game shows a blank screen and freezes, but if the Code is in the AfterFadeIn() it works perfect.

Thanks!!

Crimson Wizard

I do not remember, either you cannot put blocking functions into room_load, or you can put them, but you won't see results because room is not drawn until room_load finishes.

migrator

But if instead an ogv vídeo i play an avi in the room_Load it plays fine.
It is not a big problem, but if I could play the video in ogv in the room_Load, the way an avi does, it would save me one room more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk