Lip-sync question

Started by Theyeyboss, Tue 29/11/2016 17:53:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Theyeyboss

Hello. First off, I'd like to point out that I am what you would call an AGS noob. How does the lip-sync work? Because I enabled it and set each talking frame to a letter, but it doesn't work properly. It's because it barely syncs any letters when I'm playing the game. It only syncs about 1 or 2 letters by word. My question is, does it really work like that, or is it something I'm doing wrong? Because if it works like that, I kind of feel that I lost my time doing all of those lip sync frames when I could just have done a talk animation.

Snarky

It's not a very often-used feature, but I think it should work better than what you describe. It's hard to say without seeing either how you have it set up or how it looks whether it's working correctly.

One way to test it would be with some specially designed lines. Like, if you have eight different lip sync frames, try a line that is something like "aaabbbeeefff wwwuuudddooolll" (or whatever your different lip positions are) and just count them. If it's still too fast, you can turn down the game speed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk