10 YEARS OF AGS

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/11/2016 10:38:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Yep, well I have done a silly project with it before, and by silly i mean a bicycle VR thingie, but that never came out to be. So I'm slowly working on a project, nothing to show yet, except I think a gif I posted.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

Congrats on your 10 yrs AGS achievement Jim!

Here's to 10 more! With Unity.

:P

Thanks for the things you helped me with over the years, like the black bars module... actually do you still have a copy of that? (laugh)

Dualnames

I don't think I do, but i could rewrite it if you want me to.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

[delete}

Since a story for my team Adventure is about to be written, such a module would be certainly useful â€" if it's that what I believe it is.

Ponch

How did I miss this thread for so long?? :shocked:

Congrats on 10 years, Duals! :kiss:

Gord10

AGS has an important part in my teenagehood, too.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Tabata

Whoaa! 10 years is a loooong time! Congrats!

deadsuperhero

If anything, I think the AGS community is to be commended for its resilience. In an era where entire social networks collapse and everybody on them moves to the next great thing, this place continues to be the oasis that it always was.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Stupot

Today is my 10th AGS Anniversary :-)
I can't claim to have acheived much greatness in terms of game-making, but I'm proud to be part of this wonderful group of friends.
If you'll have me, I'd love to stick around for another 10.

xxx

Danvzare

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 02/01/2017 19:22:05
Today is my 10th AGS Anniversary :-)
I can't claim to have acheived much greatness in terms of game-making, but I'm proud to be part of this wonderful group of friends.
If you'll have me, I'd love to stick around for another 10.

xxx
Happy tenth anniversary, I hope you stick around for those next 10 years. :-D
And the ten after that, if this forum is still here by that time.

cat

Cassiebsg

Yeah! (nod)
Congrats! I wish I had found AGS much earlier than I did, you guys are very lucky. ;)
I probably looked for it a year or 2 before it come to exist... and by then I had "moved on". :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

[delete}

After a decade of apprenticeship in adventure-making, you rank now as a master of this craft, Stupot-sensei :) Have you got yourself a befitting blue cup already?

Phemar

31st of December was my 13th anniversary. It's amazing how time flies and how little I've actually completed in AGS.

A couple of crappy games when I was a kid, and a thousand half done games and script modules. Oh well, maybe one day I'll release something awesome.

Danvzare

Quote from: Phemar on Tue 03/01/2017 08:19:13
A couple of crappy games when I was a kid, and a thousand half done games and script modules. Oh well, maybe one day I'll release something awesome.
I'm glad I'm not the only. (laugh)

m0ds

Congrats stu! Now that multiple members are reaching 10 years, I presume it's only natural that in the next few years we'll all start dying off ;)

Ponch

Congrats, Stupot÷ :cheesy:

Chicky

Yay stu! Congrats on hitting the big one zero :-*

This thread really is a testament to how great the AGS forums are. I'm sure I don't just speak for myself when I say how much it means to me that there are still friendly faces about, those same faces that put up with my pre pubescent txt sp34k and nonsensical rants many moons ago, 14 years? Blimey.

I've spent most of my time here redesigning Guard Duty and making false promises about it's release date, so nothing particularly notable...yet.

Retro Wolf

I love this community, even when I've moved to different engines I've always checked in. I remember a couple of years ago there was a lull in forum posts. I tried looking for other communities like this one but failed. Other forums are either dead, far too busy (your posts would be knocked off the first page within a day), or just toxic. Congratulations on reaching 10 years! I'll be there in a couple years myself!

Tabata

Hey - we got such a lot of fresh (g)oldies? 

I love you!
You make me feel so young  :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk