MAGS December "Pickpocketing" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Wed 30/11/2016 23:59:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Hobo on Tue 13/12/2016 20:02:12
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 07/12/2016 09:28:04
I think I might be in with a FMV pickpocket RPG...
An FMV pickpocketing game? What?! Are you actually filming yourself pickpocketing people and making a game about it?
You're one smooth criminal, Mandle :-D

Not exactly, but I did get a lot of progress made on the coding for the game today. Still not enough to show anything, but I'm pretty pleased with it.

And, as of Dec 18th, I'm off from work until mid-January, so hopefully my full vision of this game should be realised...

Funkpanzer

I was hoping to share a video of my progress but I can't get FRAPS to record AGS without stuttering like crazy. In lieu, here is a screenshot of a pickpocketing in progress!

I leave for the in-laws in six days so chances are this is going to be a mess! :-*

Is anyone doing a straight up adventure game this MAGS?

Cassiebsg

If I had the time I would, even have 3 puzzles already thought of... but no free time, so... no game this time.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Sun 18/12/2016 13:56:17
I was hoping to share a video of my progress but I can't get FRAPS to record AGS without stuttering like crazy. In lieu, here is a screenshot of a pickpocketing in progress!

I leave for the in-laws in six days so chances are this is going to be a mess! :-*

May I recommend Loilo for recording stuff?

Also, hope you have a safe trip visiting family.

selmiak

this thug looks groovy sómehow funkpanzer!
obs is also nice for recording.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Sun 18/12/2016 13:56:17

Have a good trip  :)
What I've been working on isn't going to be straight up adventure, but not too out there either..

Mandle

Got some work done on the game today... Hopefully it is progress, but it could also be regress back into a hole I might have to dig myself out of..

Mandle

Oh shit!

I just got caught by the cops!

[IMGZOOM]https://s29.postimg.org/h1sqfn4qf/Caught_By_Police01.png[/IMGZOOM]

Still working on the game engine but hopefully I can mash it into something playable by the deadline...

Creamy

Promising games here. May you find the time to finish them between the turkey and the pudding.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 20/12/2016 09:51:08
Oh shit!

I just got caught by the cops!

[IMGZOOM]https://s29.postimg.org/h1sqfn4qf/Caught_By_Police01.png[/IMGZOOM]

I'm innocent I tell you! (laugh)

Good luck to everyone who enters...

Let's see some nifty picking (nod)

This is what quick thinking off the cuff is all about...

MiteWiseacreLives!

Are those fuzzy ??? They don't make them like that in North America...

Mandle

I fought the law and I won!!!

[IMGZOOM]http://i63.tinypic.com/2h57fp2.png[/imgzoom]

(The huge fist doesn't look so weird ingame when it's moving fast)

Funkpanzer

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 22/12/2016 15:01:55
[IMGZOOM]http://i63.tinypic.com/2h57fp2.png[/imgzoom]

This is looking awesome!

Thanks for the capture advice, obs ended up running best on my machine. :) Here's a quick tour of the game world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CzSs1cPOVk

I'm bringing a copy of the game with me so I can avoid any political discussion with the inlaws and hopefully fix some of the bigger bugs. Not shown: Johnny Law who will investigate your suspicious activity and liquify your insides should he catch you in the act. :-D

Danvzare

Wow, Funkpanzer. That looks great. I honestly can't wait to play it. :-D
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly everyone here can make such professional looking games.

Mandle

Well, my Christmas present to myself was staying up until 4AM this morning working on my game:

I got rid of the "Roger" placeholder sprites for characters and implemented my own male and female sprites and, after quite a struggle, got them working properly.

I'm quite happy with the way things look now, and also very happy to not have to look at that white and red eyesore anymore... (laugh)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Man, I'm going to give it a go this week, but between working and doing things with the family and being tired :~( I have not put the time in I'd normally devote in the past.
Anyone up for an extension? :-[

Edit:
aaaaaannnnndd, here's what my game looks like so far

Mandle

Jesus mate! That looks amazing!

If anyone needs an extension I'm totally on board for it!

I blocked off yesterday to work on my game and got a lot of real work done on the gameplay. But then a workmate called up and needed a long drinking session to let go of some stress, and after that I drunkenly worked on my game's title menu screen because I couldn't trust myself to mess around in my code. I knew I would just screw everything up.

I have a blurry memory of the menu screen being awesome, but I'm still too scared to boot up the game and check it out for fear of the "beer goggles" effect having worn off the morning after.

Anyways, an extension until January 3rd or so could be great for everyone I think, what with it being the festive season and all.

Stupot

Here's a Happy New Year extention.

January 4th at 23:59 GMT (Jan 5th 08:59 JST)

Note: January's MAGS will kick off as normal on Jan 1st.

Mandle

Sweet! Thanks Stu!

And here's a shot of my title menu. Still lacking a decent background. I don't think the background is going to stay that gray colour: A tad too dark I think.

The hands are animated and duck in and out of the various pockets on the title letters. It's kinda cool I think:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgsafe.org/202f963cd3.png[/imgzoom]

MiteWiseacreLives!

Thanks alot guys!
And Mandle, that's some pretty good drunk ags'ing.. I was expecting obscene and obscure after reading your story (laugh)
Coffee goes much better with coding than beer doesn't it ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk