Moved to Melbourne - game dev capital of Australia

Started by conclave, Fri 02/12/2016 23:12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

conclave

Hi all,

I recently relocated to Melbourne to meet like-minded game developers.

If you are based in the city, it would be good to meet up and collaborate on game ideas!

Baron

I know nothing of Melbourne except what I've learned from watching Phryne Fisher mysteries.  Basically it's a murderous cesspool with a glitzy veneer of sex and alcoholism, right? ;)  Good luck!

conclave

Quote from: Baron on Sun 04/12/2016 02:06:49
I know nothing of Melbourne except what I've learned from watching Phryne Fisher mysteries.  Basically it's a murderous cesspool with a glitzy veneer of sex and alcoholism, right? ;)  Good luck!

Hah thanks. Actually Melbourne ranks #1 as the most livable city in the world. And there will be a huge one week long game dev expo next year. So you could check out the city then if you are interested.

monkey424

Not only is Melbourne the murder capital of Australia - it is also the cultural and sporting capital. Oh, and we've got trams too. One thing we don't seem to have enough of is coffee shops...

I don't know anything about the game dev expo - I suspect it will be at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, aka "Jeff's Shed".

Snarky

I sometimes get the impression Australia is the promised land for AGSers...

Quote from: Baron on Sun 04/12/2016 02:06:49

I've just been watching that too. ;-D First season is pretty good, the second not so much. Or maybe I've just reached the end of my patience for the rampant mishandling of evidence and crime scenes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk