The Clockwork Labyrinth - progress update

Started by elentgirl, Sun 16/04/2017 15:40:02

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

Hi Elen, this looks great! I just finished Adventure Island last night and I must say I think I am now your second biggest fan, next to Mandle ;) Very well done, loved the puzzles and atmosphere. I especially enjoyed all the game, book, and movie references/homages/easter eggs! I can't wait to see what is in store with The Clockwork Labyrinth :)

elentgirl

Quote from: josiah1221 on Thu 27/04/2017 03:07:27
I especially enjoyed all the game, book, and movie references/homages/easter eggs! I can't wait to see what is in store with The Clockwork Labyrinth :)

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed Adventure Island.  It was conceived as a fun game to celebrate the games and films that I love, with it's tongue firmly in its cheek!  (laugh)  I hope you will not be disappointed by The Clockwork Labyrith.  There will be humour in it, but of a more subtle kind.  It is a smaller game than Adventure Island, and built more around the puzzles.

josiah1221

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 27/04/2017 21:17:31
Quote from: josiah1221 on Thu 27/04/2017 03:07:27
I especially enjoyed all the game, book, and movie references/homages/easter eggs! I can't wait to see what is in store with The Clockwork Labyrinth :)

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed Adventure Island.  It was conceived as a fun game to celebrate the games and films that I love, with it's tongue firmly in its cheek!  (laugh)  I hope you will not be disappointed by The Clockwork Labyrith.  There will be humour in it, but of a more subtle kind.  It is a smaller game than Adventure Island, and built more around the puzzles.

I'm sure I will love it! The puzzles from Adventure Island were so well done and integrated. So I definitely look forward to more wonderful puzzly goodness :)

elentgirl

I started this thread in April this year and estimated that the game would take about two years to complete.  Well, I seem to be on track!  I reckon it will be ready for release late spring or early summer next year (2018), and ready to put out for testing early in the new year.

Artwork is very nearly finished, with just a couple of fairly demanding animations to add.
Programming is just about complete and I'm currently doing a test play-through of the game.
Sound effects and music still need to be added.

I've added a few more screenshots to whet your appetites.  There are a number of doors and gates which need to be opened in The Clockwork Labyrinth and I've shown a few below.  I hope you enjoy them!

Click'd

A first person adventure? Or are just the characters missing from the screens? Either way, looks great.

Cassiebsg

It's a first person one.

Looking great and happy that it's right on track! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

LimboJimbo84

Looks pretty interesting, I will have to check out your old game too ;)

Stupot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk