Call for Adventure-Themed Trivia Questions

Started by Gurok, Wed 07/12/2016 07:14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

Hello all,

Our trivia game on IRC (#ags) has a noticeable lack of adventure-themed trivia questions. I'm calling on the AGS community for help. One of us could sit down and write all of the questions, but this sort of thing benefits from having a variety of sources.

We have plenty of other questions, so this isn't a call for general submissions. Please post only after verified adventure game trivia questions and answers. When we get enough (100+), I'll collate them all and update the trivia database.

The general format of a question is:
Question*Answer

Here's an example:
Who was the host of the Dating Connection in Leisure Suit Larry 2?*Biff Barf

Your question can also have multiple phrases for an answer:
Question*Answer|The Answer

And you can optionally have a category:
Category: Question*Answer

There's also a "chaos" format for questions, where each answer is awarded points until the time runs out for the question. These take the format:
Question*Answer 1*Answer 2*Answer 3*...*Answer N

Chaos questions might be something like... name all of the entries in the King's Quest series.

Players get the answer masked out as a hint, so you'd needn't worry about punctuation. For instance, King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown would become (in hint form):
****'* ***** *: ***** *** *** *****

Thanks and get submitting!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Babar

The ones I already included are all under the "Quotes" category, eg:

Quotes: ...and finally... FINALLY... nothing much happens. That must be an invalid code. Try again.*Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers|Space Quest 4|Space Quest IV
Quotes: As usual, you've been a real pantload!*Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers|Space Quest 4|Space Quest IV
Quotes: Consider the common graveyard. There, the boundary between the living and the dead, is... indistinct. *loom
Quotes: Destiny shall draw the Lightning down from Heaven; roll its thunder far across the Sea, to where I wait upon the Shore of Wonder, on the day the Sky is Opened, and the Tree is split asunder. *loom
Quotes: Don't worry, we'll return your missing abominations back into your protective care before you can read the Koran.*Sam & Max Hit the Road|Sam and Max Hit the Road|Sam & Max|Sam and Max
Quotes: Ducks are meant to be eaten. Not heard. *loom
Quotes: I am Chaos. Join me.*loom
Quotes: I can hold my breath for ten minutes!*the secret of monkey island*monkey island
Quotes: I haven't seen that much twine since that night in Tokyo in '68.*Sam & Max Hit the Road|Sam and Max Hit the Road|Sam & Max|Sam and Max
Quotes: I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be*grim fandango
Quotes: I'm not a malefactor, I'm a lagomorph!*Sam & Max Hit the Road|Sam and Max Hit the Road|Sam & Max|Sam and Max
Quotes: if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?*monkey island 2: lechuck's revenge|monkey island 2|lechuck's revenge
Quotes: If you try to look down my shirt one more time, I'm leaving.*Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers|Gabriel Knight
Quotes: It shone, pale as bone, as I stood there alone. And I thought to myself how the moon, that night, cast its light on my heart's true delight and the reef where her body was strewn.*grim fandango
Quotes: Run, you pigeons. It's Robert Frost.*grim fandango
Quotes: Sit! Eat up your stew!*Simon the Sorcerer
Quotes: Sometimes I do stupid stuff, and I don't even know why. As if my body were being controlled by some demented, sadistic puppet master.*Day of the Tentacle
Quotes: The weapons you pick up along the way help. At least they help you do less talking.*Full Throttle
Quotes: Think big, like the Americans. Think of bombs!*Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Quotes: This must be that Woodstock place Mom and Dad are always talking about!*Day of the Tentacle
Quotes: Violets are blue. Roses are read. We're coming aboard. Prepare to eat lead.*monkey island 2: lechuck's revenge|monkey island 2|lechuck's revenge
Quotes: WARNING: Do not play in or around dumpster. Do not kick dumpster. Do not sleep in dumpster. Usage of this dumpster for the disposal of human remains, may be a violation of local health ordinances.*Full Throttle
Quotes: You know what they say: "To save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs."*Day of the Tentacle
Quotes: You make me think somebody already did.*the secret of monkey island*monkey island
Quotes: You unlock the door. Tada! That's 500 points; you're halfway through the game.*Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist
Quotes: You're looking hale and hearty, lil' buddy.*Sam & Max Hit the Road|Sam and Max Hit the Road|Sam & Max|Sam and Max

Heavily slanted towards LucasArts currently, I guess they just had better writing, usually :P. Some other categories I thought of, but couldn't think questions about were "Music" (something about Girl in the Tower or Full Throttle's soundtrack, for example). And of course general questions.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Amayirot Akago

Is it really the best idea to post these where everyone can see em? := Methinks you'd be better off PM'ing those to Gurok directly.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Babar

Oh, these are the ones that I had already put in the DB. I don't think it will really give anyone all that much of an advantage anyhow, but perhaps you are right.

Also, not sure Popular Threads/Rumpus Room was really the best place for this thread, surely Adventure Related Talk & Chat would've been better.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk