Polls

Started by Stupot, Fri 16/12/2016 00:05:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

How does one start a poll?
Or have they been disabled? I swear it wasn't long ago that I saw a 'create new poll' button somewhere, or was I dreaming?

Anyway, not a problem if they're disabled. I was just toying with the idea of using one for MAGGIES 2016. Last year we did it by PM and not that many people voted, so a poll might make it more accessible.

selmiak

Snarky

Looks like only moderators have the ability to create polls. I seem to remember that this is was a deliberate choice, but I have no idea why that would be.

AGA

They were made more difficult to use simply because some people used them for annoying purposes back in the day.  But then I think the average age around here was much younger back then...

I've added the permission back for regular users.

cat

For polls, you can usually see the results as soon as you have voted, right? I don't think this is desired for MAGS voting. And afairc last year you could vote for your top3 games, which is much better than just for one game.

Not sure, if forum polls are the best idea in this case.

selmiak

just click on the "new" NEW POLL button to see the options:

QuoteShow the results of the poll to anyone.
Only show the results after someone has voted.
Only show the results after the poll has expired. (there is a days option for that)

so the last one should totally work for MAGS voting. Or even the middle option to add more tension to the voting... ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk