Over before it even began

Started by TerranRich, Mon 14/04/2003 02:15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy in Germany

You know, it beats me how someone like Rabbit can think of themselves as such a street-wise, gangsta wannabe type and YET still hang around on the internet, among a community of amateur adventure game creaters, ffs! How can that even compute in their mind??

Terran: I'm sorry for your hurt; although I've never been in your situation, so I can't offer any advice or anything, I know how much you liked this person. Glad to hear you're not gonna suicide tho :)

(disclaimer: my comments about amateur adventure game creators was meant in a light hearted manner, and not in any way derogatary. I'm sure many of us would make extremely good gangster wannabes if we turned our minds to it ;) )

Squinky

Yep, it must make a guy feel like a big man to call a guy a pussy after he just exposed intimate portions of his private life on the internet, most likely seeking a little support....

Good job there rabbit....way to pull the asshole routine...

Las Naranjas

it's like a satire of Yahtzee, with all his good points removed.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Matt Brown

I thought he was just being sarcastic
word up

Trapezoid

Yeah, I thought what he said was intentionally ironic....

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Archy in Germany on Tue 15/04/2003 22:14:48
You know, it beats me how someone like Rabbit can think of themselves as such a street-wise, gangsta wannabe type

Well, I run around busting out with rhymes about capping ho's... Oh, wait a minute it beats me as to how I could think of myself as a street-wise, gangsta wannabe.

You three don't seem to understand the concept of irony. What I wrote is so obviously outrageous that I fail to see how any of you could think it's serious. Perhaps there's some kind of cultural difference, but when someone breaks up here we try to a) cheer them up, and b) take them drinking and slag off their (now) ex-girlfriends.  As with Archy's post, the comment was "meant in a light hearted manner, and not in any way derogatory". The difference however, is that I didn't feel to need to make this explicit, since it's OBVIOUS.

*edit. And of course, another three of you beat me to the punch with the irony thing.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Las Naranjas

it's not about this post per se.

They just don't like you in general.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Wed 16/04/2003 00:38:10
it's not about this post per se.

They just don't like you in general.
That's fair, since I'm a cunt, but it's no excuse for willfully misunderstanding what is clearly a lighthearted comment.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I think Unilin spoke for a lot of us with that post.

I'm one of those they, btw. I didn't think it was a joke, and if it was, it was in exceedingly bad taste.

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: OneThinkingGal on Wed 16/04/2003 00:56:44
I'm one of those they, btw.

Do you think I care? I don't devise posts intended to make people like me. It also wasn't a joke per se, most people I know actually do take their friends out drinking when they break up.

So, feel free to dislike me and get offended, but as Mill said, there's nothing wrong with being offensive.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Dave Gilbert

Heya,

If you want serious advice I suggest going to the forums at http://www.getromantic.com.  It's a dating/romance/sex advice forum.  I sometimes post there under the name "Zoot Little."

TerranRich

Beccause of Rabbit, ,I ares commited siurciedD!!111!!

Good job! :P

Wait, that was irony. ;)

Quickstrike

Quote from: TerranRich on Wed 16/04/2003 02:48:50
Beccause of Rabbit, ,I ares commited siurciedD!!111!!

Good job! :P

Wait, that was irony. ;)

Aah!  The old TerranRich is back.  Good to see your mental state it back to it's usual state.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Archy in Germany

Once again, I have made myself look like an idiot ;D

I'm sorry rabbit, obviously had I actually known you I probably would have taken it a little differently, but it seems like there are so many kids around the internet now who say things like you AND mean it... well, I overreacted.

Layabout

I thought what rabbit said was funny. In a way...

It's reflective of what some people might do in this situation.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Squinky

Rabbit, I wasn't trying to say that I "don't like you", I was just saying that I thought that you, in this one instance were being an a-hole...

But I have no reason not to like you....so....

Helm

But you know, Unilin actually bothering to post means you've been too much of a 'cunt' even for him to ignore, and that's actually saying something since he posts biannually or so. Now, what does that tell you?
WINTERKILL

Hollister Man

Hey, I feel sorry for you, in a way.  I actually never lost someone that soon.  I agree with some others here, it is a proven fact that sex is the worst KILLER of relationships.  

On another note, there is a fairly old song.  It goes something like, "When I fall in love, it will be forever, or I'll never fall in love.  When I feel that you feel that way too, that's when I'll fall in love."  The best answer is to be a good friend, and to make it known that you are romantically interested.

I feel there are two types of "daters."  Some date to get sex, and nothing else.  Others are looking for a long term relationship.  Heck, some people have "dated" for a decade or longer.  Be the latter, not the former.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Dmitri

hey, err, I'd like to add to that advice Hollister man gave about "Let them know if you're romantically interested," ONLY let them know if they aren't otherwise dating or in love with someone else... it'll cause them severe heartache if you do...

I shouldn't have to say that, but love makes people do stupid things...
Pretzels :B

TerranRich

Quote from: Hollister Man on Fri 18/04/2003 05:09:10
Hey, I feel sorry for you, in a way.  I actually never lost someone that soon.  I agree with some others here, it is a proven fact that sex is the worst KILLER of relationships.  

On another note, there is a fairly old song.  It goes something like, "When I fall in love, it will be forever, or I'll never fall in love.  When I feel that you feel that way too, that's when I'll fall in love."  The best answer is to be a good friend, and to make it known that you are romantically interested.

I feel there are two types of "daters."  Some date to get sex, and nothing else.  Others are looking for a long term relationship.  Heck, some people have "dated" for a decade or longer.  Be the latter, not the former.

Well, we had been friends for years, and only now have I made it been known that I was romantically interested. She reciprocated, and we started going out. Sex wasn't the cause of the break-up. The sex was great for both of us, it just wasn't mean to be because of all the fighting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk