AGS Awards 2016 - Add your games to the DB

Started by cat, Sat 10/12/2016 08:10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Hello AGS community!

Another year of awesome games will soon come to an end.

So, here is a quick reminder (imagine some cheesy music in the background):

Are you a developer?
Did you make any games with AGS this year?

Wait no more, add them to the AGS database now! It's grand, it's free, it provides a platform to promote your games and makes your games eligible for the AGS Awards 2016.
Yes, you heard correctly - just add your game to the AGS database now and it will be eligible for the most important awards of the AGS community. Wouldn't it be great to see your game in the list of award winning games? No matter if adventure or non-adventure, free or commercial or even just a demo. Every game created with AGS can be added.

Wait no longer and get your free database entry here http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/add/ - now with up to three screenshots included!

Aehm... well, yes, just add it.
Thanks.

Amayirot Akago

Looking forward to seeing Postman's Quest get the "You Tried" award :=

But seriously, some great contenders this year that I hope to see in here :)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Blondbraid

Oh, it will be so exciting to see how this turns out!
Well, I can't say I'm not hoping for an award or nomination for one of the games I made,
but there's certainly been some pretty good games released this year. :)

Fitz

2016 also witnessed an unprecedented plenty of commercial AGS releases. Shardlight, Downfall, Until I Have You, Kathy Rain, Tales, The Beard in the Mirror, Ghostdream 8-0

MiteWiseacreLives!

So if commercial games like Shardlight don't have an AGS page are they not eligible?
(Which I think is fine, they should have an AGS page because the AGS Awards should promote AGS, imho)
Without any competition from Wadjet Eye, Terror of the Ice Princess(ultra dlc Ed.) has a shot of sweeping the OSD category!! (nod)

cat

Absolutely. The nomination list is generated from the database. Even for the famous Academy Awards, film makes have to submit an official form to make their film eligible. For the AGS awards, you just have to add the game to the database.

If you know a game that came out this year but is not in the AGS database, feel free to contact the author and remind him or her to add it in time.

(btw, Shardlight has a DB entry: www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2026/)

MiteWiseacreLives!

:-[ I did search for it and came up with nothing.. Seams I'm a bit of a bone head.

Stupot

Cool. Does this mean there is a timeline for the awards this year, then? I've already pretty much set up the MAGGIES. Just need to add November and Decembers winners, then voting will start.

I want the result announcment to be part of the AGS Awards but only if there is a clear timeline. I don't want to be sitting on the results until June again only for the MAGGIES to be left out of the ceremony after all.

cat

No definite timeline yet. Usually people have some free time around Christmas and a lot of games come out in the end of December. I want to give players some time to catch up on the latest releases. I'd expect nominations to start mid to late January followed by voting and a ceremony early to mid March.

It would be totally awesome to have MAGGIES announced during the award ceremony! I promise it will be before June ;)

Ponch

Holy cow, is it this time again already!? :shocked:

I can only hope that the scrappy little Terror of the Ice Princess has a lock on the "you tried" category! :=

MiteWiseacreLives!

Ponch

"You tried" is the highest pinnacle an OSD game should strive for. Any higher than that and you've gone too far and accidentally made a real game, and that won't do for OSD at all. :wink:

cat

Final call!

If you have made a game in 2016 and want it to take part in the AGS awards, add it to the database today!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk