AGS Awards 2016 - Results!

Started by cat, Sun 01/01/2017 09:39:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

CaptainD

For some reason I felt inclined to see how many nominations each game got.  Here are the results:

12   Shardlight
11   Kathy Rain
9   Until I Have You
8   The Journey of Iesir Demo
7   Tales
6   Toffee Trouble in Creamville
5   Star Quest
2   The Man from Fugue State
2   Monkeys to the Moon!
1   Among Thorns
1   Snipare and Spotter Being Patriotic
1   Fallen Soldier
1   Among Thorns
1   GNRBLEX
1   Graveyard
1   Jacqueline White - Curse of the Mummies
1   Legend of Hand
1   The City at Night
1   Columbus Lander
1   Predators Prey for Plants
1   Space Tunneler
1   Order of the Throne: The King's Challenge

22 different games nominated in total.

cat

Thanks, Dave! This list is also very useful for people who want to know which games they still have to play.

I know there are lots of commercial games, but most of them have a free demo. Even if you don't want to or can't afford to buy them all, please play at least the demo. Maybe you like it so much, that you want to buy the game after all :)

A hint to authors: Now might be a good time to offer discounts on your games ;)

Haggis

Thanks to everyone who voted for Fugue State, just to be in that 'best puzzle' nomination list among those fantastic games is mind boggling 8-0 and I'm very honoured. Now discount those games woooo ;)

paolo

It's nice to see a good range of games there. It's going to be fun playing them and deciding which to vote for.

And a nice surprise to see This City at Night among the nominees for Best Demo. Thank you so much to everyone who nominated it!

cat

I have updated the Wiki-page.

If you find any errors, please tell me. Or, even better, fix them yourself, since it's a wiki :)

Dualnames

I'd also like to say I'm very grateful for all the nominations <3
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Blackthorne

Quote from: cat on Mon 06/02/2017 17:09:23
A hint to authors: Now might be a good time to offer discounts on your games ;)

Not a bad idea: If you haven't played our games, here's a special sale just for you AGS forums peeps - $.99 on Itch.io this week, get it while it's hot. Order of the Thorne is nominated this year, and Quest for Infamy is a previous AGS Award winner!

https://infamousquests.itch.io/AGSAWARDS

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Stupot

@Blackthorne - that's a mighty generous offer. Thanks.

CaesarCub

Thank you guys for nominating Graveyard :D

cat

Voting will start soon!

Make sure to play all the games that were nominated and pick your favourite for each category!

In contrast to the nomination phase, I think this time you should not vote for your own games, to keep things fair. Is everyone okay with this?

CaptainD

Quote from: cat on Thu 09/02/2017 20:25:34
In contrast to the nomination phase, I think this time you should not vote for your own games, to keep things fair. Is everyone okay with this?

This seems very fair, but it does raise a question... if you are part of the team that worked on a game, and your game is nominated for an award in a department you didn't work on yourself, would it be seen as unethical voting for it?

cat

I'd say yes, please don't vote for games where you actively worked on (I'm not talking about giving advise in CL or the technical forums, but games where you are listed as team member). Otherwise it's more a matter of having lots of team members voting for each others accomplishments.

dactylopus

Congratulations to all nominees!

:-D

And to all the other games that were suggested for nomination, you all did a fantastic job.  My favorite game of last year sadly has no nominations, but many other favorites do.  Very happy to see that.

As for voting for your own game, I see nothing unethical about that.  In my opinion, vote for the game that you think deserves the award, whether you worked on it or not.

Stupot

Quote from: dactylopus
As for voting for your own game, I see nothing unethical about that.  In my opinion, vote for the game that you think deserves the award, whether you worked on it or not.

I agree with Cat that it's not a good idea. It's not that I think it's unethical per se. If you genuinely think your own game deserves that prize more than any others, then why shouldn't you? However, some people don't feel comfortable voting themselves even if it's legal so those people are sort of shooting themselves in the foot if they vote for a different game while that game's own author has voted for themself.

cat

It's time to vote!

Make sure to play all the games that were nominated and pick your favourite for each category!

In contrast to the nomination phase, this time you should not vote for your own games or games where you are listed as team member, to keep things fair.

CaptainD

Thanks Cat - let the voting commence!!  ;-D

Riaise

The link to the list of nominees in the header banner goes to the 2015 page, rather than the 2016 one. ;)

dactylopus

I haven't made a game that would ever qualify for an award, let alone this year, but I am curious.  What would happen if you did vote for your own game?  Would the vote be disqualified?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk