sounds lower music volume

Started by Slasher, Sat 07/01/2017 17:05:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Its happening yet again,

ags 3.4.11

new game and whenever a sound effect plays the music volume reduces each time...

This has to be an unresolved bug...

Snarky

The sound effects aren't somehow speech files, are they? You might want to check Game.SetAudioTypeSpeechVolumeDrop or the "VolumeReductionWhenSpeechPlaying" property in the editor in any case.

Crimson Wizard

Slasher already reported this before, and according to his previous report this happened when any sound fx played.
He even sent me a full project to test, but this bug never reproduced on my PC. Also, I do not remembere anyone else having similar issues. This is why I have no idea why it was happening.

Quote from: slasher on Sat 07/01/2017 17:05:35
new game and whenever a sound effect plays the music volume reduces each time...
Do you mean that music reduces and then gets to full volume back again, or that it becomes lower and lower each time?

Also:
- what is the type of sound files you are using?
- what is chosen in the Digital Sound setting of winsetup?

Slasher

QuoteDo you mean that music reduces and then gets to full volume back again, or that it becomes lower and lower each time?
Lower each time and level not returning.

Quotewhat is the type of sound files you are using?
Tried both Both .ogg and .mp3 files.

QuoteWhat is chosen in the Digital Sound setting of winsetup?
Default DirectSound Device.

Also there is no speech(&) in the game.

It was only by playing around with ALL the volumes and adding the Music as Ambient Repeat that I managed to make it reasonable..

But still, it's a pain in the butt...

Crimson Wizard

Which functions do you use to play sounds and volume in game? Also, do you use any non-default template, or any script modules made by other people that can adjust volume? Any plugins?

EDIT: I just remembered that in the past I've seen similar bug, but it was fixed. I'll try to find my notes about it.
Ideally I'd need a test project - just a small game project which demonstrates the problem.

EDIT2: Oh, actually that old bug was opposite: it increased music volume all the time: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?issue=616.0

Slasher

QuoteWhich functions do you use to play sounds and volume in game? Also, do you use any non-default template, or any script modules made by other people that can adjust volume? Any plugins?
i use default template. load music in after fade in....aDistresssedmp3.Play();

phylactere233 and Tween modules. no plugin's...

640 x 480
16 bit
d3d

as i said earlier.. i somehow got around it by luck...

Crimson Wizard

Well, I need either -
- a game project which has this bug, or
- compiled game which has this bug, or
- exact steps to reprodice this issue.

Otherwise I won't be able to do anything; I cannot do blind shots here.

morganw

I would suggest testing with headphones; It sounds a lot like what would happen if the mixer output is getting turned down because input is detected on a microphone input.

Slasher

When I start my next game I won't alter any volumes and do one room and if it reacts the same I will send it to you Crimson.

cheers

slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk