Loading/Unloading a plugin via Script

Started by Cassiebsg, Tue 10/01/2017 10:31:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Okay, not sure if this is a yes/no question, or an advance script question, but is it possible to load and unload a script via game script?

I'm asking cause I wanted to use the AGS Theora plugin to play video as BG, only I found out that it it makes all flipped sprite frames invisible. :-\
I guess I could go and import the sprites flipped, but that would defeat part of the point to save game size. Not to mention the pain of me identifying all flipped sprites.

Since I only need the video to run on one room, where use no sprites, or flipped anyway, if it's possible to unload it,  could just unload it when done using it, and load it back once I return to that room to play a movie.

Or maybe AJA's plugin will solve this problem, if I can get it to load.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

It is currently impossible to load or unload plugins at will.
I am still not sure I understand why do you want to unload it. Does it interfere with anything in your game when it's not playing video?
Nvm, I found explanation in the plugin topic. By the way, that is not obvious whether plugin corrupts sprite data, but if it does, unloading it won't magically fix anything.

Cassiebsg

Thanks for the reply, was more or less what I expected. :~(
I have no idea if it corrupts or does something else, since I have no idea how it works, just thought I would give it a try if it was possible.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk