itch.io

Started by Slasher, Wed 25/01/2017 10:12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Who has had dealings with itch.io and if so what do you think of it regarding selling games?

cheers

CaptainD

I like them - the interface is straightforward and very easy to use.  As to actually selling games I haven't really done it though, only put free stuff there.

One dev I've been in contact with (not an AGSer) did tell me that Itch is second to Steam in terms of his games sold.  (Not that it comes close to the number of sales on Steam, but of the various ways you can buy his game, Itch is the second most popular).  I would really like to see Itch succeed.  They seem to have introduced quite a lot of new options for integration and early access in recent months, though I haven't used these much.

In short - if you're thinking of selling a game on Itch, I say go for it!  ;-D

I know Matt Frith and LostTrainDude have tried selling games on Itch too (using the Pay What You Want model IIRC) so maybe they'll be able to give you some feedback.

LostTrainDude

I second what CaptainD said: very easy to use! I find the admin dashboard to be well structured and with interesting Analytics.

As far as I know, itch.io is a much visited website, but I don't really know how much does a successful game earn.

The whole selling process is not hard to grasp and it's well described here.
The only real thing you may spend a few minutes more reading is probably the part about VAT, as it may be different depending from which country you live in.

I did earn a few bucks thanks to donations (free\pay-what-you-want) :) I did not really put anything there paid-only, yet.

Apologies for the lack of economist lingo but I'm not an expert at all  (laugh)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk