Editor for Linux in 2017

Started by eri0o, Sun 29/01/2017 14:52:48

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

Hello,

I am just curious how can I install the Editor for Ubuntu 16.04, is there any automated script for PlayOnLinux or is there any Native build?

Wine gives me the error:

Code: ags
An unexpected error occurred. See below for details.
System.NotSupportedException: Can't get timezone name.
  at System.CurrentSystemTimeZone..ctor (Int64 lnow) [0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.TimeZone.get_CurrentTimeZone ()[0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.DateTime.get_Now () [0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AGS.Editor.SplashScreen..ctor () [0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) AGS.Editor.SplashScreen:.ctor ()
  at AGS.Editor.Program.RunApplication (System.String[] args) [0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0

Tried to fake me living in NY...
Code: ags

~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Adventure Game Studio 3.4.0$ TZ=America/New_York wine AGSEditor.exe 
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x1509448,0x33f318: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x154d3d0,0x33f318: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x1587440,0x33f5c8: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x1560b08,0x33f698: stub
Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at System.Drawing.Image.get_Palette () <0x00013>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Image.get_Palette () <0xffffffff>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Cursor.ToBitmap (bool,bool) <0x005df>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Cursor.CreateCursor (System.IO.Stream) <0x00027>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Cursor..ctor (System.Type,string) <0x0005f>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.get_VSplit () <0x00047>
  at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.SplitterBase.set_Dock (System.Windows.Forms.DockStyle) <0x0013b>
  at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockWindow..ctor (WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel,WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockState) <0x0015e>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockWindow..ctor (WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel,WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockState) <0xffffffff>
  at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockWindowCollection..ctor (WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel) <0x000ab>
  at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel..ctor () <0x002f7>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel..ctor () <0xffffffff>
  at AGS.Editor.frmMain.InitializeComponent () <0x00333>
  at AGS.Editor.frmMain..ctor () <0x0001f>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) AGS.Editor.frmMain..ctor () <0xffffffff>
  at AGS.Editor.GUIController.Initialize (AGS.Editor.AGSEditor) <0x00087>
  at AGS.Editor.ApplicationController..ctor () <0x00387>
  at AGS.Editor.Program.startupTimer_Tick (object,System.EventArgs) <0x00147>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick (System.EventArgs) <0x00023>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.FireTick () <0x00018>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Timer.FireTick () <0xffffffff>
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIWin32.GetMessage (System.Windows.Forms.MSG&,intptr,int,int,bool) <0x00537>
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIWin32.GetMessage (object,System.Windows.Forms.MSG&,intptr,int,int) <0x0001f>
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI.GetMessage (object,System.Windows.Forms.MSG&,intptr,int,int) <0x00026>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (bool,System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) <0x00b1f>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) <0x0005b>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.Form) <0x00037>
  at AGS.Editor.Program.RunApplication (string[]) <0x00127>
  at AGS.Editor.Program.Main (string[]) <0x00027>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

abnormal program termination
err:mscoree:expect_no_runtimes Process exited with a Mono runtime loaded.

Thanks!

eri0o

I created a machine with the latest Wine (2.0) using PlayOnLinux, selected Install Components and selected dotnet20 , then selected run exe in this wineprefix, and then the latest AGS-3.4.0-P2.exe and everything appears to work!

Milanium

It is in C# and although WinForms will not look pretty and probably be broken, it should compile. Sadly it also depends on native code which I couldn't get to compile See https://github.com/Mailaender/ags/tree/linux-editor for the solution file I generated with MonoDevelop.

Crimson Wizard

Native C++ code (AGS.Native.dll) was and is the biggest issue. It exists for historical reasons as the remaining part of AGS 2.* editor, which was written in C++. The idea was to rewrite this part in C#, but the progress was not too big over last years (mostly due the lack of participation). I think larger part of what remains there is room-related code which is shared with the engine. Unlike main project file, which is now XML, rooms are still stored in compiled binary format even in the game project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk