AGS subreddit

Started by Uhfgood, Tue 31/01/2017 18:00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhfgood

I didn't so much come here to advertise a new subreddit, I came to ask a question in relation to it.

Basically I was looking for any ags subreddits because I wanted help, and generally just looking for some discussion.  When I came upon /r/adventuregamestudio -- there were no posts and the moderator hadn't logged in, in over 2 years.  So I figured maybe if I became the moderator I could generate some interest.

See, it's really for selfish reasons, if more people use AGS and discuss it, I can chat with a lot more people than just the few that are active on the forums.  Don't get me wrong, you guys are great, but there's only a limited amount of participation for various reasons such as, you're too busy actually making games (always a good thing), you have day jobs, you're not interested in whatever someone posts and generally may just not have any time.

When I posted about actual production processes I only got 11 replies, and about 3 of them weren't actual answers to the question.  I don't have a problem with someone not wanting to answer me, but I figure if there were more people that used AGS and then I asked a question I'd get more answers.

Okay so to bring me back to a point, I'm now moderating the sub, and I want to ask if it's okay if I link to the "finished" ags game posts in the completed game announcements forum?

More eyes on completed AGS games can only be a good thing, but I thought it might be a courtesy to ask first.

Please keep in mind, my goal is NOT to convince you guys to go over to the subreddit from here, but since the posts will automatically post to /r/all it should mean we start getting more eyeballs on AGS which potentially means we get to expand the community more.

Thanks for your time.

Danvzare

Quote from: Uhfgood on Tue 31/01/2017 18:00:12
When I posted about actual production processes I only got 11 replies, and about 3 of them weren't actual answers to the question.  I don't have a problem with someone not wanting to answer me, but I figure if there were more people that used AGS and then I asked a question I'd get more answers.
I think that's a pretty decent number of replies for this forum. As for the replies that weren't "actual answers to the question" you've got to remember this is a forum, which usually means we discuss things.
Still I get what you mean. While this isn't a quiet forum, it's also definitely not a bustling one.

Quote from: Uhfgood on Tue 31/01/2017 18:00:12
Okay so to bring me back to a point, I'm now moderating the sub, and I want to ask if it's okay if I link to the "finished" ags game posts in the completed game announcements forum?

More eyes on completed AGS games can only be a good thing, but I thought it might be a courtesy to ask first.

Please keep in mind, my goal is NOT to convince you guys to go over to the subreddit from here, but since the posts will automatically post to /r/all it should mean we start getting more eyeballs on AGS which potentially means we get to expand the community more.
Personally, I see no problem with this. If you can garner a larger interest in AGS and get us more AGS users, then I say go for it.
The more the merrier.

Cassiebsg

Go for it, not like anyone posting here is keeping their games a secret. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk