Uploading Music to a website

Started by Jimi, Tue 15/04/2003 17:11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi

I want to share a song that me and my friend Guy have recently recorded. It is just a kind of "beta" version, and the final version is still in progress. The song is Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore (former member of Thin Lizzy). Does anyone know how I can upload it so that you can listen on the Internet, rather than have to download it? (it's 3:21 minutes long)

scotch

Anything you get off the internet has to be downloaded before you can play it..
People on fast connections can usually download fast enough to play it as it downloads if you put it in an mp3 or ogg file.
Streaming on slower connections means you'd have to reduce the bitrate a lot.
Whatever, the best thing for you to do is to make it into an mp3 or ogg and upload it the same way you would anything else.  There's no way to avoid users downloading it to hear it, just make sure the file isn't too big, you'd use about a 128 bitrate usually.

Quickstrike

Tripod sites have an option to play it when you are on the site.  You could make a tripod site and use that.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Duke

They got windows media player and realplayer programs that you could use to play music on the site...it could be downloaded and then played or streamed (downloading as it plays)...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk