Spoons III

Started by jwalt, Mon 06/02/2017 20:13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

CassieBSG is still beta testing for me, but this may have reached the point of either releasing the game, or pitching it into the trash. I'm risking releasing it.

RoN game, that derives from Irishrichy's game: The Spoons, and Brentimous' game Rock - A True Story. RoN's rock group, The Spoons, figures prominently in both games. I tried to bridge the gap between the two games, and offer clues to what happened in "the lost game," Spoons II.

At one point in time, this was fully unauthorized, but Irishrichy responded, unexpectedly, to a PM. So it, kind of, sort of, is authorized. Irishrichy even provided a sprite he'd made, which I have included in my game.

Link to game:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ukiyasaj9pjd1k3/SpoonsIII.zip

I suggest you play this one in a window, since it is mostly cut scenes. The escape routes available to you in full screen mode are pretty limited. I've also had issues with the midi pieces I used being about as pleasant as fingernails on a chalk board, but not consistent enough to figure out why they go so out of tune. In windowed mode, you have the ability to shut off the speakers and save your sanity.

Screen shots, above, are from the Demo game, but are still part of this release. The Demo game became the intro to the full game. I've also included The Spoons Music Video, here, as well.

Edit: After the fact, I thought some additional links might be in order, here:

The Spoons

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/353/
http://www.realityonthenorm.info/game.php?id=153
Created By: Richy
Date Released: Thursday 13th November 2003

Looks like Rock may have disappeared from the AGS site, but Renegade Implementor has it at the RoN site:

Rock - A True Story

http://www.realityonthenorm.info/game.php?id=173
Created By: Brentimous
Date Released: Tuesday 12th February 2008

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release... :-D

Sorry I haven't had that much time to test. :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Congratulations on finally releasing it.
I played it. Other than a tiny bug when I exited a conversation early which meant I had to repeat the whole conversation, the game ran perfectly.
Although the dialog... SO MUCH DIALOG!!! 8-0

jwalt

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 06/02/2017 21:26:47
Congratulations on finally releasing it.
I played it. Other than a tiny bug when I exited a conversation early which meant I had to repeat the whole conversation, the game ran perfectly.
Although the dialog... SO MUCH DIALOG!!! 8-0

Yeah, sorry about the dialog. Put CassieBSG to sleep a few nights ago.  ;-)  Did you play one of the betas, or was the problem with the conversation in this release? I thought I had either corrected the ones I'd found, or left dialog options on, so it could be worked around, if necessary. Did you catch the mugger?

Thanks, Cassie, for all your effort! And thanks, Danvzare for taking the time to read all those words!

Mandle

Looks awesome, and I'm not shy of games with lots of dialogue, especially if it's good dialogue!

Congrats on the release, and I'll be giving it a try ASAP!

Danvzare

Quote from: jwalt on Mon 06/02/2017 22:15:36
Yeah, sorry about the dialog. Put CassieBSG to sleep a few nights ago.  ;-)  Did you play one of the betas, or was the problem with the conversation in this release? I thought I had either corrected the ones I'd found, or left dialog options on, so it could be worked around, if necessary. Did you catch the mugger?
It was on the very last beta you released. So you've probably fixed it since then.
Nope, I didn't catch the mugger. Somehow I managed to skip that whole part of the game. (laugh)

jwalt

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 07/02/2017 09:11:38
Nope, I didn't catch the mugger. Somehow I managed to skip that whole part of the game. (laugh)

So, no mugger... Then you haven't found all of the words in the game, yet. Finding the mugger was kind of an afterthought. Not sure Grundislav and 304 would call it a fair puzzle, or a logical one. Cassie knows where the switch is, but that's about where I put her to sleep, I think.

Cassiebsg

LOL
Actually my work puts me to sleep. :-\
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk