BACKGROUND BLITZ: The Afterlife (Winner announced)

Started by Danvzare, Tue 07/02/2017 09:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Twirlly

CONCEPT: Aaru By DBoyWheeler - something out of the norm
PLAYABILITY: EGA Afterlife By Hobo - reminds me of the temple at the end of the caves in Legend of Kyrandia
ARTISTIC EXECUTION: Heavy Metal Heaven By Blondbraid - beautiful, yet gruesome
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

dactylopus

CONCEPT: Aaru By DBoyWheeler
PLAYABILITY: EGA Afterlife By Hobo
ARTISTIC EXECUTION: EGA Afterlife By Hobo

Danvzare

Really sorry about this delay for counting the votes, but family problems got in the way. I'll spare you lot the details.

In third place is:
Spoiler
Error 404 by Hobo.
[close]

Tied in second place is:
Spoiler
Aaru by DBoyWheeler and Heavy Metal Heaven by Blondbraid.
[close]

And in first place is:
Spoiler
Seriously, do I even need to tell you? There's only one entry left.
Spoiler
EGA Afterlife by Hobo!
[close]
[close]

Unfortunately my current situation prevents me from separating the trophies and presenting each one to you all. So I'll have to leave you to do that. Sorry.

DBoyWheeler

Whee!  Thank you!  Yeah, I guess Aaru would definitely win Concept points, since it's different from the usual Heaven/Hell ideas.

But congrats to Hobo's EGA Afterlife for getting first place.  As I said, that EGA Afterlife just, for some reason, gives the "Loom" vibes.

Hobo

Never mind the victory, I got a third place :-D Congratulations to others as well and thanks for voting, I'll try and get the next competition up later today.

dactylopus

Congratulations, everyone!  I thoroughly appreciated everyone's version of the afterlife here.

Monsieur OUXX

Me voting is uselss since Hobo is getting most of them and that's precisely what I wanted to push :)
So I'll just post to say: Hobo, great low-color work. I only just saw this ocmpetition's theme and thought "hey I should try doing a low-color drawing". And then I saw yours. Perfect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk