Anthology - a new thing from Lewis, Grundislav and Khaled - New screens 5 Oct!

Started by Lewis, Tue 07/02/2017 15:31:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

Well this is very exciting, a thing I've been scurrying away on behind the scenes (I'd like to say since Richard & Alice / Sepulchre but actually since about October). Anyway, in conjunction with the always-wonderful Grundislav and exquisite non-AGS-forumite Khaled Makhshoush, I now present...

Teaser Trailer! || Website! || Steam Greenlight!

A collection of short adventures, on a single afternoon, in a faraway city...

Anthology is a collection of short adventure games by Lewis Denby (that's me!), the co-creator of Owl Cave's critically acclaimed Richard & Alice and the producer of Sepulchre (The Charnel House Trilogy).

Set in a faraway city on a single afternoon, a series of point-and-click vignettes unravels the story of this strangely familiar world, its sprawling capital, and the lives of those who dwell within it.

Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Cassiebsg

Oooooohhhhh.... looks greeeeaaaatt! :-D

Any deadlines yet?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Lewis

Thanks!

Tentatively summer. We'll see how we go. 1 game of 5 is 100% finished. Another is nearing completion. Art and animation for the rest are coming along. I'd say from inception to completion we're around 40-50% of the way through.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Stupot

luisdementia

Armageddon

Still waiting for Neptune. :-D This looks exciting though. Will be looking forward to it.

Nixxon

This looks tantalizing! I love the sepia palette. First screen reminds me of final fight :)

Chicky

Looking great guys! I love the concept, I imagine each of the smaller stories will link together somehow?

Lewis

Quote from: Armageddon
Still waiting for Neptune. :-D This looks exciting though. Will be looking forward to it.

OK, that's a blast from the past. Neptune was, what, a full decade ago? The project that taught me to set scope and limits in game design, and not try to make a 10-hour action-adventure epic while attempting to finish university.

Quote from: Chicky
Thanks! The stories do link together, in so far as they each contribute to building up a picture of the world and its wider story.

The stories link together in so far as they build up a picture of the wider world and its story - but each individual character has their own story too!

Anyway: positive news! We were Greenlit, so can confirm that this will be on Steam when it's done. More stuff to show you guys shortly...

shaun9991

Congratulations on getting Greenlit guys! Looking forward to the game :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Lewis

New screenshots!

Lewis

Riaise

This looks really interesting! I love the idea of all the individual stories coming together to build up a picture of the wider world.

Blondbraid

Looks fascinating, and it's fun to see an anthology game, that's a fun and unusual take on storytelling in games! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk