[SOLVED] No portrait dialog text when taking screenshot with FRAPS

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 08/02/2017 14:05:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

So lately I've switched to using FRAPS for screenshots. It's quicker and more flexible. However, it does one weird thing.

As you can see, the portrait is displayed but the text is not. I've tried it numerous times and the problem remains.

When I take the screenshot using the standard print-screen button, it works fine:

Does anybody know how FRAPS works and why this could be happening?

Thanks! :)

-Dave

edit: I am using the F10 button to take screenshots with. I have tried tying it to other keyboard keys but I still have the problem.

Danvzare

My best guess is that when you're pressing the key to take the screenshot, the dialog box is being skipped or taken off.

Dave Gilbert

That's what I figure too, but the print screen button does the same thing. Doesn't it?

edit: aaand I figured it out. I fixed the problem but remapping the "take a screenshot" command to CONTROL-P. Apparently with the control button held down, it doesn't advance the dialog window and the screenshot is taken properly. For some reason, I hadn't tried this before.

Anyway, I'll marked this as solved. If someone in the future has the same problem and reads this post, you are welcome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk