The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

Sounds like a cheech and chong movie so I am gonna guess "Up in smoke."
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Naw

(I will put up another quote soon if nobody gets it, but it is a pretty memorable line from the movie, for me at least, so I'll just let it stand as is a little longer...)

Amayirot Akago

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Nope, but I really must watch that sometime! Kinda missed out on it and have always been curious...

Okay another quote:

"I'm gonna pick up some power drills. Liberate my cabinets."

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 25/02/2017 09:21:17
Nope, but I really must watch that sometime! Kinda missed out on it and have always been curious...
I watched the first half of it. I thought it was weird and terrible. But I'm willing to admit that I just didn't get it.

The Big Lebowski?

Mandle

Ben X

Okay, I googled that and I'm correct! I got it from the first quote. I wouldn't have got it from the second, though I do remember it now.

So, here's my quote:

"What did he do to you, Frank? Piss on your Hush Puppies?"

Darth Mandarb

Ben X

Correct. My next quote was going to be "Nothing's worse than some pissed-off brothers that's already dead!"

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 25/02/2017 19:56:27
I got it from the first quote.

Such a great line! I was hoping it was as memorable for someone else as it was for me.

I also love the way he just reaches in through the car's open window to lock the door... Such a stoner thing to do (laugh)

I was gonna give a giveaway quote next: "Let's get this party started!"

Ben X

I wouldn't have got it from that either!

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 26/02/2017 07:24:03
I wouldn't have got it from that either!

Haha, really?

It's said three times during the movie:
CABIN IN THE WOODS SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler

By the dude in the underground facility when it's time for them to get to work.
By one of teens when they arrive at the cabin.
By the main girl when she pushes the big button and sets all hell loose.
[close]

Ben X

I don't think I'd noticed that. Time for another re-watch!

Darth Mandarb

Listen... I'm a mature person and you're a mature person, so why don't we skip all the bullshit... get rid of our inhibitions, and uh  do what we really wanna do?

Mandle

Tootsie!

And then she throws her drink right in his face... Damn hypocrite!

EDIT: Actually I think the line from Tootsie was slightly different...something about "I'd really like to make love to you"... But still damn close enough to be stealing maybe!

Danvzare

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk