The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Darth Mandarb

A surprisingly good (and hilarious) movie!

Here we go...

"Go back to Jersey, sonny. This is the City of the Angels, and you haven't got any wings."

dayowlron

Doubt I am right but I am going to guess Angels in the Outfield?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Darth Mandarb

Nope (wrong)!

Here's another...

"I admire you as a policeman - particularly your adherence to violence as a necessary adjunct to the job."

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

(wrong)

"Whoever killed my partner, is still out there. I... If I could work cases like a real detective, I could prove it. But I'm not smart enough. I'm just the guy they bring in to scare the other guy shitless."

dayowlron

I am pretty sure I have not seen the movie you are looking for but I will throw out another guess.
Hollywood Homicide?

Darth Mandarb

Nope, but you're closer!

Here's a hint:

The director of the movie died last year.

Mandle

dayowlron

Don't know of any directors that died last year other than Guy Hamilton so I will guess Live and Let Die?

Darth Mandarb

Some really great guesses! All wrong, but great (laugh)

Here's another quote and another hint:

"Off the record, on the QT, and very... hush-hush."

The movie is a period piece, but wasn't made in the period represented.

Mandle

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid?

or

REMO?

Ben X

LA Confidential.

Here's mine:

"Junk it!"

Darth Mandarb

Mandle

Pulp Fiction?

or

Christine?

(or something else where a car gets crushed in one of those junkyard compacters...)

Ben X

Your third guess is correct, Mandle, but I'll need the film name obv!

"Yes, of course, you may absolutely bring the brewskis."

Mandle

Kickass?

or

Top Secret?

(trying to remember all the movies I've seen a car compacted in)

Ben X

Ah, well, you don't see a car get junked onscreen, but it is from a scene at a junkyard.

"The gypsy woman placed a curse upon my head. Because I'd smelt it, she decreed I would forever more BE HE WHO DEALT IT."

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk