The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

that sounds like Labyrinth. That is a favorite movie of mine cause of the puzzles in it.

I believe the thing the statue is wanting to say is something about the path you choose could lead to certain destruction
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Riaise

Yes! It is Labyrinth. It's one of my favourites, too. :-D

Your turn, dayowlron!

dayowlron

cool.
next quote:
Attention, passengers, we are now leaving Nun Central and are beginning our journey to Hell and beyond. The captain has turned off the "no smoking" sign, and you may now move about the cabin freely.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Thu 08/06/2017 16:16:02
Yes! It is Labyrinth. It's one of my favourites, too. :-D

+1.... And damnit! I knew the exact voice the line was said in and it triggered Monty Python for me, because I've always thought that scene was most likely inspired by Python...

The Labyrinth tricks me once again!

Amayirot Akago

Well, the original Labyrinth screenplay was written by Terry Jones, so you're not wrong :=
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 09/06/2017 00:51:39
Well, the original Labyrinth screenplay was written by Terry Jones, so you're not wrong :=

Wow.... I did not know that!

dayowlron

No guesses, another quote:
Well Mr. Thompson, that's quite a list. And I think, if I really apply myself, I could be a totally changed person by the time we finish lunch!

Kumpel

dayowlron

(wrong)

another quote:
Hi, come on in! Drugs to the right, hookers to the left.

Darth Mandarb

Bachelor Party?

Didn't remember the first quote. Second was familiar but still couldn't place it. The third triggered the memory.

Kumpel

dayowlron

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 11/06/2017 20:28:40
Bachelor Party?

Didn't remember the first quote. Second was familiar but still couldn't place it. The third triggered the memory.
Correct, your turn Darth

Darth Mandarb

"Come on... three commanders, one ship? I don't think that's gonna work.
There's not enough rocket fuel in the world to get those egos off the ground!"

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

dayowlron

I was thinking Armageddon also, however that movie had 2 ships.
don't recall those lines in a movie I have seen but I am going to make a few guesses:
Starship Troopers?
Forbidden Planet?
Galaxy Quest?
Lost in Space?

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

(wrong) Armageddon
(wrong) Starship Troopers
(wrong) Forbidden Planet
(wrong) Galaxy Quest
(wrong) Lost in Space

Nobody's gotten it yet but you're on the right track...

"The genetic difference between men and apes is only three percent. But that three percent gave us Einstein, Mozart..."
"...Jack The Ripper"

Danvzare

Mandle

The Right Stuff?
Planet Of The Apes?
Capricorn One?

Darth Mandarb

(wrong) Armageddon
(wrong) Starship Troopers
(wrong) Forbidden Planet
(wrong) Galaxy Quest
(wrong) Lost in Space