The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Nope.

Thank you for the books and for the horrifying story and... for the threat upon my life.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Riaise

Argh, that sounds so familiar! It's not one of The Mummy films, is it?

dayowlron

Maybe one of the Avengers movies?

PS. the line "There's more of gravy than of grave about you." is actually in the book A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and is such a good line that is has been in a lot of remakes of the story.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

CaptainD

I was also thinking of The Mummy, though I have a vague inkling that it could be from The Spiderwick Chronicles.

Ben X

Quote from: dayowlron on Fri 08/12/2017 14:35:08
PS. the line "There's more of gravy than of grave about you." is actually in the book A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and is such a good line that is has been in a lot of remakes of the story.

I know, I was kidding about wanting the (non-existent) "Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol"! I would have taken any suggested adaptation.

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: dayowlron on Fri 08/12/2017 14:35:08
Maybe one of the Avengers movies?

No, but you are close.

"How's your Sanskrit?"
"I'm fluent in Google Translate."
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Stupot

I know I know this one but I don't know it.

Amayirot Akago

Ben X

"I'll be right back."

(nb this is said in a ton of movies, obv. If no one gets it in a couple of guesses, I'll post another quote.)

Stupot

The Immediate Terminator

Ben X

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 09/12/2017 09:23:34
If no one gets it in a couple of NON-SILLY guesses, I'll post another quote.

Fixed my typo.

Stupot

Okay. Serious hat on.
Back to the Future?

Ben X

No, but I was not expecting this guess and now I cannot resist revealing that it is the same director!

Jack

Mandle

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 09/12/2017 14:40:15
Read the hints, Mandle!

I did, mate. Just thought I'd take a shot in the dark in case Zemeckis was somehow attached to Scream in a way I was unaware of.

Many people have won a round on a long-shot and you still only have to type "No to all" or whatever so it's not burdening you as the round-mod.

And what's the problem with a bit more participation anyway, even if it's wrong?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk