The Movie Quote Game

Started by CaptainD, Mon 13/02/2017 13:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

"You heard her, she said take your meathooks offa her... please..."

Mandle

Ben X

Nope.

"You caused 300 bucks damage to my car, you son of a bitch. And I'm gonna take it out of your ass."

Mandle

Back To The Future!

Next:

"I love you."

"I know."

(Could be from more than one movie but I need the specific one for a right answer)

Click'd

The Empire Strikes Back.

dayowlron

I do seem to remember Princess Leia saying "I love you" and then Han solo says "I know."
I believe that was in the Empire Strikes back.

EDIT: dang just missed it. so gonna guess Return of the Jedi just in case.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Ben X

Can confirm Mandle is correct, well done! I tried to go for less well-known quotes from a very well-known movie.

I'm going to guess The Phantom Menace just in case.

Mandle

The lines are indeed originally from "The Empire Strikes Back" but that is not the movie you are looking for (Jedi mind trick)...

The lines are used as a reference to Star Wars but the movie is not a part of the Star Wars franchise.

The actor who says the line "I know" is in the original Star Wars trilogy though.

dayowlron

How about Indiana Jones then?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Thu 11/01/2018 03:11:18
How about Indiana Jones then?

No, and it's not Harrison Ford that says "I know".

Mandle

Another line from same movie:

“Jar-Jar is going to be the shit.”

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 12/01/2018 22:56:50
Fanboys?

You got it!

The original line was said by one of the main characters to Carrie Fisher who played a nurse that let him escape from a hospital.

He said "I love you"

And Carrie Fisher replied "I know" and then they kiss.

Pretty good movie actually especially for spotting Star Wars/Trek cameos and just enjoying the whole tribute to the original trilogy in a setting before the prequels started the slide downwards...

Ben X

I would have guessed that from the first quote but I only remembered it having Shatner in it, I forgot how many cameos it has (Star Wars and not).

"There's always a bigger fish."

CaptainD

Okay I'll start with the most obvious guess- Jaws?

Mandle

Mandle

"From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do. "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk