Mittens 2017 - Hafnir, Iceland, 15-22 July

Started by AGA, Fri 17/02/2017 07:48:42

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Presumably they've got the standard Mittens internet connection (none)...

abstauber

You think somebody downloaded Gabriel Knight again, which voided all remaining traffic? :-D

Btw. some pics are currently on FB.

horusr

what facebook? Is there a secret group that you guys don't tell us?

abstauber

Dont worry, usually they upload a whole bunch of photos after Mittens is over.

But nope, there's no secret group that I am aware of 8-)

horusr

Oh, so you follow them in person? Because I checked facebok page twice, no pics :(

abstauber

Yes, at least Snarky and AGA.
But I hardly ever use FB anyway.

Snarky

Quote from: Screen 7 on Fri 21/07/2017 11:59:52
Presumably they've got the standard Mittens internet connection (none)...

Get with the times, Mods! There's free international roaming these days. Half of Mittens has just been everybody sitting around looking at our phones.

I don't take many photos, but let me paint some word pictures:

-Most of us sitting in the hot tub on the deck while Custard flew a drone around filming from the sky
-Driving around the "Golden Circle", just to turn back at the very far point (and skipping the Thingvellir national park and historical site) because we had to get to a liquor store before they closed
-A day it rained so heavily that we just stayed inside playing and riffing on Contradiction, the FMV game ("Do you recognize... THIS? [makes devil horns]")
-So much licorice!
-Another drive to see several waterfalls that you could walk under/close to, none of which got us as soaked as the rain at a black sands beach famous for its killer (literally) waves
-Half of us "playing" Duolingo on our phones at the same time
-Trying to come up with things to do in Reykjavik, and ending up with: eating hot dogs, taking an elevator up the church-tower to look out (and discovering that the low clouds meant we couldn't see anything), and the Penis Museum

LimpingFish

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 21/07/2017 14:11:36
...and the Penis Museum

Now I'm jealous!

Sounds like a blast, though. I hope everybody is having a good time. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

tampie85

AGA and I are safely back home. We had a great time! Thank you Disco, Esseb, snarky, yamipanda, Privateer Puddin' and 2ma2 for the great company.

Here are some of my pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1476698862392533.1073741863.100001572990822ype=1&l=e3b17b39b2

Privateer Puddin'

I am in my Heathrow hotel! An excellent time was had, thanks to AGA for sorting everything out and to Tamara and Disco for driving. I will have photos and video up tomorrow.

Disco

I have just arrived at my destination safely :) 72 hours in Chicago before I am home home though. Thanks everyone for participating this week :D

Photos to follow soonly!

Andail

Wow, I've always wanted to visit Iceland. Sounds like you had a blast :)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

would you ever consider Hong Kong as a venue?
I don't live there, but would love to visit.

Very nice video , did one of you bring a drone with you to get the aerial footage?

horusr

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sun 23/07/2017 12:21:22
would you ever consider Hong Kong as a venue?
I don't live there, but would love to visit.

Very nice video , did one of you bring a drone with you to get the aerial footage?

As I'm moving to Hong Kong, I fully support this suggestion!! ;)

Yup, I had a drone. Here's a video from the village we were staying in :  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmwx1WJpcAQ

AGA

Can you post the group photo, so I can add it to the wiki?

Privateer Puddin'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk