Memories Fade [MAGS February]

Started by Riaise, Sat 25/02/2017 10:45:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Story:
Made for MAGS February 2017, with the theme "As Time Goes By". After the loss of his beloved wife, an old man seems to be forgetting her. With the help of an old photo, can his son remind him of the good times they once had?

Screenshots:

Details:

• Two-click interface: left-click to interact, right-click to examine
  • 320 x 180 resolution
  • Game Length: Short
  • Available for Windows and Linux

Frodo

Fantastic game.  :cheesy:

Kinda sad, how he was forgetting her. 

Excellent work. 

Riaise

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure how well I'd got the story across, but your comments are really reassuring! :-D

Hobo

Really enjoyed this one. A well told story with fitting puzzles. I wish there were more games that simply explore the relationships between people without any excessive melodrama, intense action or wacky comedy.

selmiak

This is a touching game, took me ~30 mins.
When talking to Dad I always thought, I know this guy, so the writing is really good.
I didn't like the finetuning lever puzzle but the cord untangling was fun.

Riaise

Thank you both for the comments! :-D

Also, voting is now open for February's MAGS, so please go and vote! There are only two games to choose from, so it shouldn't take up too much of your time! (laugh)

Riaise

You can now download the game from Gamejolt or from itch.io! 8-)

morganw

I downloaded the Linux version from both sites, and it looks like your builds are missing the engine components.
It's probably this: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?opic=53933.msg636550939#msg636550939.

Riaise

OK, I'm an idiot. Thank you so much for pointing that out, I think it should be fixed now (fingers crossed!).

Khris

Awesome game, I'm stuck near the end though, at what's possibly a bug:
Spoiler
While getting the record player's needles to point upward, both are exactly vertical, but clicking the button makes the game say "No, that's not right". Plus, moving a slider to another position, then exactly back, or even just clicking a slider without the handle changing position will move the needle away from where it was previously, meaning that the needle positions don't seem to be linked 1:1 to the slider positions. Maybe this is intentional, but I cannot get past it:

I suspect that this is partly due to how AGS handles the slider's value versus the handle's position, but I also guess the code in the button checks the slider positions, when it should check the needles themselves.

Edit: just tried again, starting over, moving as few sliders as possible. This time it worked.
[close]

Edit: Finished it, very nice! What Hobo said  ;-D

Riaise

Thanks for the comments, Khris! I'll look into that bug and see if I can alter the puzzle slightly. Thank you for pointing it out. :)

Blondbraid

I must say, it's a very sweet game, and both the TV and record player puzzle were very fun! ;-D

Riaise

Riaise

Thank you so much to everyone who voted in MAGS and made Memories Fade last months winner! :D

I've just uploaded a new version which should (hopefully) fix the bug that Khris found. I've also slightly altered one of the puzzles to make it play a bit more smoothly.

CaptainD

In case you missed it Memories Fade was featured on the AdventureGamers "Following Freeware" section:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/32500/page2

Riaise

Mandle

Wow, nice review but maybe they should have mentioned some SPOILER ALERTS at certain points?!

I felt like I just replayed the entire game again just by reading the review... 8-0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk