Last Contact: Planet of the Blue Balls

Started by Matsui, Sat 25/02/2017 19:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Matsui

Last Contact: Planet of the Blue Balls is a traditional point and click adventure game set in the never ending wonders of outer space and also Workington, Cumbria. It's my second project and it is currently in the very, very early stages of development. Like my last game Ace King http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2081/, it's very much a hobby project. Thank you to those who played my previous game and left feedback. It was very useful.

Story

The Blue Balls are the only entities in the Universe to have mastered interstellar travel. Dave and Geoff, underlings in the Blue Ball culture, are tasked by High Command to find true intelligent life and bring them back to their home world for further study and breeding. The only problem is they have taken a wrong turn and ended up on Earth. With scans showing a distinct lack of intelligence, they choose to abduct whatever they can find and educate them in the ways of the Universe on the way.

Meanwhile Matty, a budding rock star stuck working for his politician uncle, is just looking to get off work and go and play with his band. His Uncle, Dominic Parp, is in talks with a dissenting member of his cabinet over the future of the party. All three are abducted and taken on an galactic adventure THAT'S OUT OF THIS WORLD...ahem.

What damage could a couple of human politicians and a dumb teenager do on an alien planet anyway?

Features

It's a very traditional point and click adventure with a focus on story and puzzles.
Political satire.
Humour (If you like low brow innuendo)

In terms of development I'd say it was about 15% to 20% finished. As you can see there's quite a lot of place holder stuff and some of the characters aren't drawn yet.

I'd be curious to know what people think and I enjoy feedback, suggestions and critique as a way of improving what I'm doing.

ChestPecRespect

I like the art of the game itself but there's a serious graphics clash in the HUD.

Look at those pixel icons next to the smooth-unrasterized buttons.

Matsui

Quote from: ChestPecRespect on Sun 26/02/2017 10:57:45
I like the art of the game itself but there's a serious graphics clash in the HUD.

Look at those pixel icons next to the smooth-unrasterized buttons.

Fair point. The HUD isn't finished yet and those are place holder sprites that I didn't draw. But I take your point about the contrast. I watched a tutorial on how to do shiny so I did shiny :smiley:. Would be an easy fix if it's a distraction.

Cassiebsg

Looking good, good luck with the project. (nod)

I like the shiny... but yes, I find they are distracting from the BG, I find my eyes focusing more on the HUD than the BG.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

mkennedy

What about an option to hide the HUD so it only appears when the player moves their mouse to the bottom of the screen?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk