bg critique please

Started by I7esperado, Wed 16/04/2003 01:17:42

Previous topic - Next topic

I7esperado

I have 2 backgrounds of the same scene, i was wondering which you guys would rather look at in a game

or

obviously the 2nd one takes up more space, but besides that which .
oh and any suggestions for them would be nice too :)

agsking

I'd rather have the second one with a bigger file size than the first with a smaller file size.
They are both good, but I like the second one better.
Great backrounds!

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

n3tgraph

I like the 1st one best, but I have a few comments though

1. did you use 1 perspective point?
2. try removing the double pixels which makes your lines look a bit sloppy
3. maybe later on try some shading
4. If you want a comical dwarf style, then I said nothing, but if the proporions of the house should be somewhat correct i'd say the doors are somewhat small

But it's a good starter for a first post,
welcome btw, and keep up the good work ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Gonzo

I think the first one will work better in a game. I probably needs a little shading work though, like N3T says.

Erwin_Br

Number two for me. Reminds me a lot of Kings Quest.

There are some perspective mishaps on the drawings though.

--Erwin

Pet Terry

Number two is better. We have seen so much drawings like number one. ;) And colors are better in number two also.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

I7esperado

Since everyone is split on which they would prefer, including me and my team. I've used the extremly scientific way of determining and flipped a coin. so heres what i decided on.
Oh and yes its one perspective point, but i didnt use any straight edges on paper so thats why it might have come out weird , it was only to see what i could do. neither of these will probably be in the real game. which is also why theres some white around the edges

And thanks for the welcome.

n3tgraph

looks really good

but (as always)
- the bricks need darker outlines
- and the grass makes everything look a bit flat... the color I think

But it already looks much better :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Cerulean

What these pictures really need is a light source that casts shadows. Right now all sides of an object are the exact same shade.

danny*

definately 2!!!

I7esperado

after looking it over, and reading what n3tgraph said about the grass, i messed with some things, and came up with this

i know there is still no shading, hard for me to get it to look right

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk