RIP Bill Paxton

Started by Mandle, Sun 26/02/2017 22:40:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

So sad about this news. Probably the hardest hit for me of all the celebrities we have lost recently.
The '80s are dying for real now. :~(

NickyNyce

Aliens and Tombstone. 2 of my most favorite movies of all time both had him in it. I'm sad.

Mandle

While I dearly love his role in Aliens, for me his best roles ever are the ones in "A Simple Plan" and "Near Dark" (finally in Near Dark he got to play a real total badass instead of a whiney one...and is a vampire to boot!)

Stupot

RIP BIll. I can't claim to be a massive fan, though; I couldn't name all that many films he'd been in, other than a few obvious ones. You say to me 'Bill Paxton' and I don't immediately think Apollo 13 and Aliens. I think of 'Brain Dead' which is a film I bought because everyone told me to watch it* so I did. I thought it was rubbish but it somehow stuck with me. And that film also stars Bill Pullman, so I found myself often getting the two Bills mixed up. I guess they have one more distinguishing feature now :-/

*Turned out later that my friends had actually been talking about Peter Jackson's 'Braindead' (AKA Dead Alive), a totally different and better film.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk