MAGS March "Size Matters" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/03/2017 00:00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game for MAGS March?

The Snaplock by Blondbraid
4 (40%)
The Smallest Points by Mandle
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Mon 17/04/2017 01:25:22

Mandle

THE  SMALLEST  POINTS

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME

The destiny of a towering future literary figure is at stake when Gloria writes a love letter to her sweetheart, John.
Can the smallest points save her from a mediocre life of drudgery married to this sop, and save her great writing talent for all the ages to enjoy?!

Mandle

Yeah...I also spent like 15 minutes filling out the Add Game form but it failed to be accepted :-\

But there's my entry in the post above. I hope it's enjoyable. It turned out to be a real rush to get it finished, and there may be bugs as I couldn't test it very much.

But I believe it's playable from start to finish, and maybe tells a cute little story about Dear John letters...

Cassiebsg

Maybe there's a bug on the site? Worth reporting it, and let AGA take a look at it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Glad you liked my game slasher!

I liked Mandle's game, it was fun, clever and on point.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 02/04/2017 17:43:29
Maybe there's a bug on the site? Worth reporting it, and let AGA take a look at it.
Yeah, that might be a good idea. At first I thought it was some problem with my internet connection,
but if Mandle also have trouble adding the game... ???

Stupot

Two games are better than one.

The Snaplock by Blondbraid

Thanks for the entries, folks.

Mandle

I played The Snaplock today:

Spoiler

It was an interesting history lesson, and also an amazing artistic work, really bringing that kind of woodblock printing to life!

I felt that what it made up for in its good-looks and charm, it slightly lacked in gameplay. It felt a bit like interactive fiction, rather than a game, but I still really enjoyed it. I played it with a 4-year-old student and she had a great time screaming while I ran away from the bad guy. I only played once so I'm not sure if the escaping through the woods sequence is actually a maze puzzle or if it just ends after a certain number of screens. I just followed the bear tracks. So maybe there was more gameplay than I experienced.

As I had already read the story of the game in the author's post at the start of this thread, I guess I probably didn't feel the same thrill from the ending that I would have if I hadn't known. But the animation was still very satisfying to watch!

A great game, very pleasing on the eye, and with a nice twist at the end for those not in the know!

Needless to say, I voted for it ;)
[close]

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 03/04/2017 12:39:20
I played The Snaplock today:
Thanks, how fun that you liked it!
I was trying to create a maze puzzle, but since I didn't have much time to work on the game it became a
rather short maze and I never had time to test it on players other than myself.

It is a fixed maze, nothing randomized. I even drew a crude map while making it:
Spoiler
[close]

Cassiebsg

My experience/feelings/gameplay is about the same as Mandle's (minus the screaming 4 year old)....  :-D

I'm still playing Mandle's, so will have to wait on the voting.

Mandle

Stu... I've changed the link to go to the AGS page now that the Add Game function is fixed.

The new link is: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2141/

Could you please change the link in your post to this?

Cheers!

Stupot

Riaise

Well done to both Mandle and Blondbraid! This is a difficult vote, because both of the games are so different. I love the story and the artwork in The Snaplock, and the concept and moral behind The Smallest Points is really well done. Argh, I can't decide!

Slasher

The Smallest Points

Spoiler

The idea for this game (I once saw this on a Columbo episode) is quite well executed and I again brave Mandle for his attempt to go outside the normal. Whilst the game itself is quite moorish I would have liked a bit more info about completing it. The dot moving to position was fun and I had many attempts to complete the game.. Not yet I'm sad to say :(

The typewriter buttons could have been more visual, particularly the ones that did something (load, save etc).

All in all a fun little game that could be expanded as an intro to a full length game or within a full length game.
[close]
slasher

Stupot

Five more days to vote? We need more.
Where are all the lovely French voters?
;-)

Mandle

Stupot

Voting has finished and the winner is:

Well done Mandle. Victory is yours! You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for May.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

Riaise

Congratulations, Mandle! And well done to Blondbraid, that was a close contest! ;-D

Blondbraid

Thanks, Riaise!
Also, congrats Mandle, you made a very fun and creative game!

Mandle

10 votes total?! Come on AGSers! That's a piss-poor showing of votes when there were only two games to even play!

Well, it hardly seems like a fair majority win on a 4-6 split...

I'm thinking to collaborate with Blondbraid on the next theme as it was basically a 50/50 split with the votes.

I'll PM you soon Blondbraid and we can discuss ideas!

Cassiebsg

I think you two should also join hands sometimes and do a MAGS together, as I think you would complement each other rather well.  ;)

Congrats Mandle and Blondbraid!  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk