The Adventure of the Hero [MAGS][Fabruary 2017]

Started by Danvzare, Wed 01/03/2017 13:37:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

The Adventure of the Hero

Click here to download.

Summary:
A great hero has been sent on a quest to defeat an evil witch, but things soon go awry when a time portal into the future is opened up.

Join the hero as he defeats a witch, gives incredibly life changing career advice, makes alcohol, and saves all of time and space!

Details:

• Two-click interface: left-click to interact, right-click to examine.
  • F5 to open save menu, F7 to open load menu.
  • Fully voice acted.
  • Contain mild partially censored swearing.
  • Completable within half an hour.

Specs:
320 x 200
32 bit color
d3d

If you like the game, why not
vote for it in the February mags thread.

Mandle

Everything about this game is awesome!

The graphics are charming, the sound effects are enchanting, and the time-travel puzzles are sweet, and one in particular quite nostalgic (even though the desired effect is the opposite of the original puzzle)...

Love this game! Now all it needs is a title screen and credits (oh and a save/load game function, but luckily you didn't disable f5 and f7...)

;)

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 02/03/2017 04:04:54
Everything about this game is awesome!

The graphics are charming, the sound effects are enchanting, and the time-travel puzzles are sweet, and one in particular quite nostalgic (even though the desired effect is the opposite of the original puzzle)...

Love this game! Now all it needs is a title screen and credits (oh and a save/load game function, but luckily you didn't disable f5 and f7...)

;)
I'm glad you loved it. :-D
I'll have to see about updating it after the MAGS contest to include those things.

Blondbraid

It's a really fun game, especially the voice acting!

Riaise

It is a great game, and fits the theme of the MAGS contest really well. :)

CaptainD

Looks fun, will definitely give this a go when I get time.

Mandle

CaptainD

Fun game - and that "whoosh" sound effect was amazing  :grin:

Danvzare

Thanks everyone for the compliments and votes. It means a lot. :-D
When I finally get access to my computer again (probably next month), I'm going to add a title screen, credits screen, and a save and load button on the status bar.

Quote from: Limony on Wed 15/03/2017 15:34:40
I like it so far, but I got stuck and need a hint. I made a hints thread: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54581.0
Thanks for making a hints thread, also I'm glad you got past that part you was stuck on.

Danvzare

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 16/03/2017 11:56:50
When I finally get access to my computer again (probably next month), I'm going to add a title screen, credits screen, and a save and load button on the status bar.
Well it's taken me awhile, but I finally updated the game.
There's now a save and load button available from the status bar. As well as a title screen and a credits screen at the start and end of the game respectively.

I've also included the Linux version, even though it basically doubles the size of the game. (You don't mind downloading 40mb do you?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk