The Video Game Quote Game

Started by Amayirot Akago, Sun 05/03/2017 08:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayirot Akago

Figured I'd start up this thread as a counterpart to the movie quote game ;) I'll start us off with this one:

"Surrender, fiend, and we will promise you an easy death!"
"I could promise you the same... but it would be a lie."
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Ben X

And let's point out the usual rule of not directly googling the quote.

I have no idea, so I'll guess Secret Of Monkey Island.

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

Neither of those, it's not a point & click adventure game.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Amayirot Akago

Nothing yet? Time for another quote.

"You are not the only one at risk. I may carry the instrument of your destruction, but I, too, have taken a chance in coming here. Or haven't you realized -- you bear the only weapon that can kill me."

And another hint: 2003 game for PS2, PC, and Xbox.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

No.

"What in hell..."
"I am the origin of Life... the devourer of Death. I am the hub of the Wheel, the purifying cycle to which all souls must be drawn."

Mandle

One of the Final Fantasy games?

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Amayirot Akago

(wrong) It is part of a larger series though. Seems this one was tougher than I expected :P

"Given the choice - whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

CrashPL

Legacy of Kain: Defiance!

Man, I love the LoK/SR franchise, shame they haven't touched it (apart from the cancelled game and the "Nosgoth" thingy) in years. Where's the "50/50 chance of new LoK game for XBO/PS4"?  :~(

Danvzare

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2?

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 07/03/2017 07:21:54
Legacy of Kain: Defiance!

Man, I love the LoK/SR franchise, shame they haven't touched it (apart from the cancelled game and the "Nosgoth" thingy) in years. Where's the "50/50 chance of new LoK game for XBO/PS4"?  :~(
Yes :D Very good. It's finally your turn, use it well.

CrashPL

Woohoo. :D Alright, this one should be super easy:

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Danvzare

Mandle

Wake up and smell the ashes!

CrashPL

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 08/03/2017 14:12:18
Wake up and smell the ashes!

Heheh, nice one! :D Yup, both mine and Mandle's quote is from Half-Life 2 intro.
Your turn, Mandle!

Mandle

Sweet! A hard line to forget...

So here's the next one:

"Created by ....-.. Warren.... Robinett"

(No googling though remember)

Mandle

Hint: The text runs vertically in two rows and flashes different colours.

Gurok

Oh, is that Adventure? The 2600 port (actually a different game entirely)?
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk