AGS Awards 2016 Client [bug reports, suggestions, feature requests]

Started by Snarky, Wed 08/03/2017 14:31:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 14/03/2017 11:27:12
One bug I came across several times, was that if I posted a message just before the "Quiet down" thing appeared and our text was hushed on the IRC, I would get an error. It didn't seem to affect anything, but it gave me a mini heart attack the first time I saw it.

Oh, interesting. Yeah, I can just turn that warning off. Actually, all the IRC warnings are a bit problematic, because they freeze the game entirely, and if you don't clear them away quite quickly the message buffer will overflow, crashing the game.

QuoteAlso, there was quite a bit of rubber banding happening.

Yeah. I've thought a bit more about the problem (I think it's mainly caused by people interrupting one walk by clicking somewhere else, and by a buffer I put in to stop people from spamming the IRC channel with too many clicks). I have some ideas for how to address it. In general, it's a tradeoff between being as up-to-date/accurate as possible and avoiding apparent teleportation: since it's not exactly a real-time shooter, I guess fewer jumps would be preferable. I'll look into it.

QuoteAs for features, it would be nice if the avatar selection screen was partially transparent. I think I missed a bit of the ceremony while trying to find a certain avatar to change into.

Yeah, this is part of the UI redesign I want to do.

Quote from: Gurok on Tue 14/03/2017 02:58:46
This might just be me, but I seem to recall keyboard movement in previous versions. Regardless, it would be nice to have. Sometimes it's tough to achieve precise positioning in a crowd with just mouse movement.

I don't think that was ever there. Could be an idea, but I'd personally rather have a movable cursor in the text entry field.

QuoteI want to see a replacement act for Daft Punk.

Yeah, I think it's time to refresh a lot of these old resources (also the GIFs and some of the music tracks); they're getting a bit tired after having been used for so many years. Are there any bands/DJs from AGS games that might fit?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk