The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

CaptainD

Proposed solution:  Sally was on duty as a Policewoman, but went for a drink whilst on duty.  She met someone in the bar, Harry, and they both got wasted.  He then drove off with her squad car; she obviously didn't want to admit to drinking on the job so didn't report it.  From the clues it would seem that Sally managed to get the car back before it was involved in a major accident (otherwise I don't see how she was planning to hide the fact that it had gone).

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 27/06/2017 12:49:27
Proposed solution:  Sally was on duty as a Policewoman, but went for a drink whilst on duty.  She met someone in the bar, Harry, and they both got wasted.  He then drove off with her squad car; she obviously didn't want to admit to drinking on the job so didn't report it.  From the clues it would seem that Sally managed to get the car back before it was involved in a major accident (otherwise I don't see how she was planning to hide the fact that it had gone).

Mostly wrong but partly right...

(Of course further questions are still open)

Riaise

Did Harry call the police as a prank?

Cassiebsg

Did Sally stopped Harry to test him for DUI, but he managed to slip into her car and drive away?
Did she drove "Harry's car" to catch up with him?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 27/06/2017 15:03:38
Did Sally stopped Harry to test him for DUI, but he managed to slip into her car and drive away?

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Solution:

Harry was driving home drunk when Sally, a police officer, pulled him over due to his erratic driving.
Just after he had got out of his car for a sobriety test there was a car accident a few hundred meters away.
Sally asked Harry to stay put and raced off down the road to assess the situation of the car crash.
Harry, staggering around drunk, eventually got bored and just decided to drive home and so he did so.
The next morning Harry was awakened by furious knocking on his door and staggered out of bed to answer it.
He found Sally on his doorstep demanding him to open his garage door.
When Harry opened his garage there was the police car parked within!
Harry, in his drunken stupor had driven Sally's police car home by accident.
Sally, embarrassed to the extreme, decided to swear Harry to secrecy in return for the keys to her patrol car.
She then drove Harry back out to where his car was still parked and they parted ways rather uncomfortably...

Over to Cassie, or if not CaptainD, or if not Snarky... (in the order that important clues were discovered)...

Or if nobody wants the next round then we throw it open to anyone!

Cassiebsg

I have nothing, so next in line feel free to jump in. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

Did Harry mistake the police car for his own?

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 27/06/2017 21:12:42
Did Harry mistake the police car for his own?

Yeah, so this is based on a "true story" I heard somewhere (although I suspect it's more of a "tall tale")...

The names I just made up for the purpose of the riddle, but it's supposed to be the story of someone's drunkard uncle.

Apparently he was so drunk that he couldn't tell the difference between his own car and the police car and was as surprised as the police officer was when he opened his garage door. (laugh)

Snarky

Oh, looks like I missed the last page of the thread. :-[

Mandle

Anyone diving in a run the next round?

Mandle

Okay, I'll jump in with another one inspired by conversations last night with a very unique young person who has the gift and curse of thinking deeply about matters. So this one is for my amazing friend Pierre!

Case #45

After creating a computer game the developer was quite happy to put a gun to his head and kill himself. Why?

YES

NO

* YES and NO

Kweepa

Had he been using Adventure Game Studio? :=
Was the game a suicide simulator?
Did he have an incurable medical condition?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

dayowlron

Could players of the game use something in the game to create some sort of doomsday weapon?
Was his desire to kill himself caused by the completion of the game?
Was the game so bad to play that he knew no one would buy it?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Kumpel

Did he kill himself in person or just virtually?

Mandle

Case #45

After creating a computer game the developer was quite happy to put a gun to his head and kill himself. Why?

YES
Could players of the game use something in the game to create some sort of doomsday weapon? (Probably yes, but irrelevant to this riddle)
Did he kill himself in person (as opposed to just virtually)? *

NO
Had he been using Adventure Game Studio?
Was the game a suicide simulator? (No, not specifically)

* YES and NO

Kumpel

Was he somehow scifi-like connected to the game?
Did he kill himself after someone else had played it? OR
Did he kill himself right after the completion?
Did he intend to kill himself before he finished it?

Gilbert

Did he upload his conscious/mind/personality/whatever to the game?

Mandle

Case #45

YES
Could players of the game use something in the game to create some sort of doomsday weapon? (Probably yes, but irrelevant to this riddle)
Did he kill himself right after the completion?

NO
Had he been using Adventure Game Studio?
Was the game a suicide simulator? (No, not specifically)
Was he somehow scifi-like connected to the game?
Did he kill himself after someone else had played it?
Did he upload his conscious/mind/personality/whatever to the game?

* YES and NO

Mandle

Sorry, but the wording of this question has two possible meanings:

"Did he intend to kill himself before he finished it?"

I'm not sure if you mean "kill himself before finishing" or "had already planned to kill himself before finishing"

Please clarify

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk