The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Sun 26/03/2017 00:48:20
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 26/03/2017 00:44:35
He was shot and the bullet lodged in his stomach. He expelled it through his mouth while vomiting up blood before he died.

We have a quick winner. Got the inspiration from an NCIS episode. He had gotten sick from being shot which upset his stomach.

Phew.... I'm glad I got back online in time to change my theory to the exact opposite before such an obvious alternative got swooped by someone!

That was really fun dayowlron and it really made me feel like a detective when I realized what the solution must be, even though I got it backwards the first time... (laugh)

I have a case in mind and will present it very soon...

Mandle

Okay, this is one I came up with myself so no idea if it's going to be an easy solve or slightly trickier:

Case #7
A man escaped from a prison but nobody ever went looking for him and he was a free man for the rest of his life. Why?

Yes

No

Sinitrena

Did everyone assume he had died?
Was his file lost?
Did something happen to the prison itself?

Mandle

Case #7
A man escaped from a prison but nobody ever went looking for him and he was a free man for the rest of his life. Why?

Yes
Did something happen to the prison itself? ("Yes", but many things happen to anything over time. "something" and unlimited time frame too vague to provide useful answer.)

No
Was his file lost?

Kumpel

Has he been pardoned for his crimes by a leader of his country?
If you say "rest of his life", did he have an illness and it was known, that he would die pretty short after he got out?
Did a change of the prison director or any other hierarchical change happen?

Btw and OT: Did you guys know, that prison break is not a crime per se and cannot be punished by law (e.g. in germany), but a "natural desire for freedom". Nevertheless this contradicts the juristical decision of a prison sentence. How paradoxical†‹:-D

Cassiebsg

Was the man a prisoner?
Did the man lived a long life after he escaped?
Did he die shortly after his escape?
Did the prison caught fire and burned?
Was the prison guarded?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Case #7

Yes
Did something happen to the prison itself? ("Yes", but many things happen to anything over time. "something" and unlimited time frame too vague to provide useful answer.)
Did a change of the prison director or any other hierarchical change happen? ("Yes", but again such things happen over time of course. Undefined time frame too vague to provide useful answer.)
Was the man a prisoner?
Was the prison guarded?

No
Was his file lost?
If you say "rest of his life", did he have an illness and it was known, that he would die pretty short after he got out?

Cassiebsg

Did the guards realized he had escaped?

Tabata

Was it an adult who escaped?
Was it a break out?
Was it a typical prison?
Did it happen during a war?

selmiak

Was he a baby born in a woman prison?

was he imprisoned because he commited a crime?
was he a prisoner of war?
Was his head his prison?
Was he really old?
Was he really young?

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Case #7

Yes
Did a change of the prison director or any other hierarchical change happen? ("Yes", but again such things happen over time of course. Undefined time frame too vague to provide useful answer.)
Was the man a prisoner?
Was the prison guarded?
Did the guards realized he had escaped?
Was it an adult who escaped?
Was it a break out? (Yes, he broke out from prison.)
Did it happen during a war?
was he a prisoner of war?

No
Was his file lost?
Was it a typical prison? (I assume you mean of the current normal variety)
Was he a baby born in a woman prison?
was he imprisoned because he commited a crime?
Was his head his prison?
Was he really old?
Was he really young?
did someone take his place?

Tabata

Did he make the others forget him?
Was he a magician?
Was he inprisoned in a mental health institution?
Did he escape during an attack?
Did he manage to escape alone?
Were there people that helped him?

Cassiebsg

Did the prison got destroyed during an attack? (Maybe air raid?)
Did the war ended shortly after his escape?
Had the man committed a crime? Or was he just "from the wrong side of the war"?

Snarky

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 26/03/2017 15:51:46
Did the war ended shortly after his escape?

I believe this counts as a win! With bonus points to Tabby and Selmiak for narrowing down the fact that he was a P.O.W. very quickly!

Solution:
Yes, the man was in a prisoner of war camp and escaped, but before a manhunt could even be launched the war ended and so he was free to return home to his own country.

Over to you Cassie, or Tabby or Selmiak I guess in case Cassie doesn't want to host...

Tabata

Sorry, I can't!
Still only have my smart phone. :~(

Kumpel

Let's squeeze this one in till a host is found ;)

Case #8
It was a strange sight for the detective as he got to the remote body recovery site in a sparsely grown part of an old wood. The dead body must lie here for years. But he knew in an instant what happened. Do you?

CaptainD

Had the body fallen from a tree?
Was the body decomposed?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk