The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

Ok, I did not really expect this to take long, but the very first question? :-\ (Techniquelly he's the game piece...)

So, CaptainD, over to you again!

CaptainD

Quote from: Sinitrena on Mon 29/05/2017 00:19:25
Ok, I did not really expect this to take long, but the very first question? :-\ (Techniquelly he's the game piece...)

Sorry dude!  It was just the first thing that came into my head (I really like Monopoly but seldom play it as apparently I'm a bad loser and even worse winner! :shocked: An accusation I strenuously deny! :grin:)

Quote from: Sinitrena on Mon 29/05/2017 00:06:53
Never heard of a Hammerhead Slug, so that would have been impossible to solve for me.

Me neither mate but I had to do some research to find something that would fit my clue since the earthworm thing turned out to be inaccurate.

CaptainD

Okay I thought of this one last night but I can't be sure that actually hasn't already been done... checking back every case is a bit too time-consuming right now!  So apologies if this has actually already been done.

Case #34

A shot was fired from a single weapon, resulting in the death of millions of people.  What happened?

Yes

No

Mandle

Is this about the assassination of Duke Ferdinand that started WWI?

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 29/05/2017 10:26:40

Yes - does this mean I have simply remembered something that was posted before and thought it was my own idea? >:(

CASE #34 - CaptainD's brain stopped working, what happened?
Answer: Nothing, it's just what normally happens.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 29/05/2017 10:46:44
Quote from: Mandle on Mon 29/05/2017 10:26:40

Yes - does this mean I have simply remembered something that was posted before and thought it was my own idea? >:(

No, I don't think this riddle was done before. It was just the first thought that came to me about a single shot killing millions.

My next guess would have been the first shot ever fired from a firearm, whenever that was...

I'll come up with a new case soon...

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 29/05/2017 11:05:47
No, I don't think this riddle was done before. It was just the first thought that came to me about a single shot killing millions.

I actually thought you were going to guess the Death Star!! :-D

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 29/05/2017 11:19:42
Quote from: Mandle on Mon 29/05/2017 11:05:47

I actually thought you were going to guess the Death Star!! :-D

It was probably the term "resulting in" rather than "causing" that tipped me off. It kind of implies a series of events over a longer timescale linked to the first shot, rather than the millions dying directly from the shot.

Mandle

Case #35

They were three sisters. One died in an accident. Another died in a war, tending to the wounded. The third lived a long life. What were their names?

Yes

No

Bulbapuck

Were these sisters real human beings?
Is the answer some play on words?

Mandle

Case #35

They were three sisters. One died in an accident. Another died in a war, tending to the wounded. The third lived a long life. What were their names?

Yes

No

CaptainD

Is this anything to do with Greek mythology?

Mandle

Case #35

Yes

No

Snarky

Are they characters from some work of fiction or legend?

Cassiebsg

Was one of the sisters named Mercy?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Just working on a hunch here... Faith, Hope and Love?

Mandle

Case #35

Yes

No
Faith, Hope and Love?

CaptainD

Are the sisters aliens?
Are the sisters animals?
Are the sisters abstract concepts?

Snarky

Mandle

Case #35

Yes

No
Faith, Hope and Love?
Are the sisters aliens?
Are the sisters animals?
Are the sisters abstract concepts?
Is "sisters" a metaphor? (No, not under the definition of metaphor)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk