The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

what has me confused right now is How can "was the man human" be yes and no and was this a real execution as in a man was killed. Oh well

Questions:
did the letters go through the postal system?
was the man a robot?
was the use of "executed" similar to the use of executing a program?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Case #37

Many letters were sent to try to halt the execution, but were in vain. The execution went ahead. Why was the man executed?

YES
Were the letters all sent from different people?
Did the letters reach the intended destination?
Was the man human? *

NO
Had he blown up the post office? (No, but how ironic would that be?!)
Had the man committed a crime?
Does this case take place more than 100 years ago?
Was the man a political prisoner?
Was this a real execution, as in a man was killed?
Was the execution ordered by the legal system?
Was the man human? *
Was the letters "Email"?
Was "the man" a name of a computer program that was executed on a computer?
was this man playing a character on a TV show?
did the letters go through the postal system?
was the man a robot?
was the use of "executed" similar to the use of executing a program?

* YES and NO

Adeel

Solution: A game of Hangman is being played. Many letters i.e. alphabets were sent by the participants to guess the word, but they were all incorrect. Thus, the figure / man was executed i.e. hanged.

Mandle

Quote from: Adeel on Tue 06/06/2017 01:08:51
Solution: A game of Hangman is being played. Many letters i.e. alphabets were sent by the participants to guess the word, but they were all incorrect. Thus, the figure / man was executed i.e. hanged.

BINGO!

And well done indeed Adeel!!!

It was a game of hangman being played in a classroom where each student takes a turn to guess a letter of the alphabet. The class couldn't figure out the puzzle in time and the man was hanged.

The reason why I said "YES and NO" to "Is the man human?" is that YES: He is depicted as a human in the game, and NO: He is just a drawing on a blackboard.

If the question had been "Is the man a real human being?" I would have merely answered "NO".

Over to you Adeel if you want the next round!

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 06/06/2017 08:28:18
Haha nice one Mandle.

Cheers... And I would have gotten away with it a bit longer too, if not for you pesky kids that clever Adeel!

Adeel

Thanks, Mandle! All credit goes to the people who asked the right questions. I just put two and two together.

If anyone has a case, feel free to share.

CaptainD

Case #38

He prevented many from going to their deaths, but even though he himself was not in danger, he did not survive.  What happened?

YES

NO

dayowlron

Was he a governor who pardoned a lot of people?
Was he human?
Is this based on a real case?

PS. You have "many going to to their". Might want to remove one of the "tos"
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Was he the flippers on a pinball machine?
Did this case take place during WWII?
Were his initials JFK?

CaptainD

Case #38

He prevented many from going to their deaths, but even though he himself was not in danger, he did not survive.  What happened?

YES

NO
Was he human?
Were his initials JFK?

@dayowlron - Thanks for catching the typo, corrected!  I've also slightly updated the wording to avoid any ambiguity.

Adeel

Does He refer to Helium?
Is he a deity?
Does he refer to Dobby the House Elf of Harry Potter universe?

Mandle

Is the male "he" pronoun important?
Is "he" an inanimate object?
Is "he" very small?

CaptainD

Case #38

YES
Is "he" very small? *Depends on your definition of "very small".  In the context of this clue it's difficult to give an objective answer to this question.

NO
Was he human?
Were his initials JFK?
Does He refer to Helium? Is "he" very small? *No but I like your way of thinking!
Is he a deity?
Does he refers to Dobby the House Elf in Harry Potter?
Is the male "he" pronoun important? *In fact, it's not necessarily a "he", I just used that for but it could just as easily be a "she".  In the context of this clue it's kind of hard to tell the gender of the creature in question.
Is "he" very small? *Depends on your definition of "very small".  In the context of this clue it's difficult to give an objective answer to this question.

Mandle

Is he smaller than a tissue box?
Is he smaller than a matchbox?
Is he smaller than a box?

CaptainD

Case #38

YES
Is he smaller than a box? *In real life#
Is he smaller than a tissue box? *In real life#

NO
Was he human?
Were his initials JFK?
Does He refer to Helium? Is "he" very small? *No but I like your way of thinking!
Is he a deity?
Is the male "he" pronoun important? *In fact, it's not necessarily a "he", I just used that for but it could just as easily be a "she".  In the context of this clue it's kind of hard to tell the gender of the creature in question.
Is he smaller than a matchbox? *In real life #

#In order to not be misleading,. I have answered Mandle's questions about scale as if this were the real-life creature.  In the context of the environment it finds itself in, these may not represent an accurate reflection of the creature's perceived size.

dayowlron

Is he a lemming?
Did he die from the same condition the others he saved would have died from?
Is he a vaccine?

CaptainD

Case #38

YES
Is he a lemming? *Yes and No

NO
Was he human?
Were his initials JFK?
Is he a deity?
Is he a vaccine?

#In order to not be misleading,. I have answered Mandle's questions about scale as if this were the real-life creature.  In the context of the environment it finds itself in, these may not represent an accurate reflection of the creature's perceived size.

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 06/06/2017 18:45:56
Is he a lemming?

We may have a winner here I feel!

EDIT: Perhaps not then...

Was he the hamster from Maniac Mansion and/or Day Of The Tentacle?

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 06/06/2017 18:52:49
Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 06/06/2017 18:45:56
Is he a lemming?

We may have a winner here I feel!

EDIT: Perhaps not then...

Guessing it's a Lemming (in some form) is a massive step towards solving this one... and your guess is, in a sense, also getting close (even though it's wrong).  Think that should be enough of a clue to be going on with!

Case #38

YES

NO
Was he human?
Were his initials JFK?
Is he a deity?
Is he a vaccine?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk