The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Does it take place during WW2?

Ooops... sorry, I must be sleeping,thought it was before 49 for some odd reason. (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

Is there gas, radiation, or some bio-hazard that keeps the doctors from approaching?
Is the man himself dangerous to the doctors?
Does this take place in or after year 2000?

dayowlron

Cassie, he said it takes place after 1949. that is after WW2.

Is he in a minefield or rigged with a bomb himself?
Is he contagious with some disease?
Is he in some sort of container? (such as spaceship,submarine,hyperbolic chamber?)
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Case #42

A man is shot and still alive but doctors do not operate. What is the situation?

YES
Are the doctors medical doctors?
Was the shot from a firearm?
Did the shot hit the man?
Is the man injured?
Was he shot with an injection? (Yes, but not the "shot" the riddle mentions)
Was he shot intentionally?
Are the doctors surgeons? (as in they are medically trained to operate?)
Are we talking about a medical surgical operation?
Would the person that shot him face criminal charges? (If captured, yes)
Is the bullet still in the man? (Yes, but it's not a bullet)
Are the doctors trying to help the man? (Yes, they want to help the man)
Is there anything the doctors could do to help him? (Yes, if they could)
Is this set in some distinctive time period or setting? (Yes, in fact, this is a true story)
Was the firearm a cannon, torpedo, harpoon or similar large gun?
Does anyone involved have any kind of religious, philosophical or moral objection to the surgery? (Yes, a moral objection of sorts)
Does the man require an operation to survive?
Would it be dangerous for the doctors to approach him?
Are they in a war zone?
Does this take place after the year 1900?
Does it take place after 1949?
Was the man shot with a rocket or similar missile?

NO
Does he have a bullet wound? (He has a wound, but not from a bullet)
The bullet is lodged in a vital organ and if they to remove it, it might kill him?
Is he being shot by a camera instead of a weapon?
Was the wound a flesh wound, and so they've only "patched" him up?
Was he shot with his full consent?
Did shooting him have some kind of medical benefit to him?
Did the shot hit the man in his upper half? (No, but close. It hit in his lower abdomen)
Did the shot hit his crotch?
Did he shot himself?
Do we need to have a medical degree to solve this one? (laugh)
Was the firearm a pistol or rifle?
Was he shot in a prosthetic limb?
Did the man shoot himself with a BB gun (or some similar sort of imitation firearm)?
Did this take place in a zoo?
Was he shot with a sleeping dart?
Was the surgery that was required beyond the medical science of the time?
Can the doctors come close enough to the wounded man to perform an operation?
Is he a soldier stuck in no-man's land during WWI?
Would the doctors also risk being shot if they approached the man?
Is there any danger from terrain or building/construction collapse in approaching the man?
Is there gas, radiation, or some bio-hazard that keeps the doctors from approaching?
Is the man himself dangerous to the doctors? (No. He is so badly wounded he could not possibly be a danger to anyone)
Is he in a minefield or rigged with a bomb himself? (No, this is not a case of using someone as a living bomb)
Is he in some sort of container? (such as spaceship,submarine,hyperbolic chamber?)

Snarky

Does the danger to the doctors derive from the fact that it's a war zone?
Is the danger the risk of how someone might react to them helping him?
Does the exact way the man was injured (beyond what we already know) matter?

Mandle

Case #42

A man is shot and still alive but doctors do not operate. What is the situation?

YES
Is the man injured?
Is this set in some distinctive time period or setting? (Yes, in fact, this is a true story)
Does anyone involved have any kind of religious, philosophical or moral objection to the surgery? (Yes, a moral objection of sorts)
Are they in a war zone?

NO
The bullet is lodged in a vital organ and if they to remove it, it might kill him?
Did the shot hit the man in his upper half? (No, but close. It hit in his lower abdomen)
Did he shot himself?
Did the man shoot himself with a BB gun (or some similar sort of imitation firearm)?
Is there any danger from terrain or building/construction collapse in approaching the man?
Is the man himself dangerous to the doctors? (No. He is so badly wounded he could not possibly be a danger to anyone)
Is he in a minefield or rigged with a bomb himself? (No, this is not a case of using someone as a living bomb)

Cassiebsg

Has the rocket/missile that hit him not exploded and is still armed? (cause I'm sure he would be dead otherwise... (roll) )

Snarky

Does this take place in the Middle East*?
Was the man shot with a weapon of war (something intended for use against people)?
Is the danger to the doctors directly or indirectly caused by the weapon that shot the man?

* Middle East here defined as stretching from Pakistan/Afghanistan in the East to Morocco in the West, Iran and Turkey in the North to the Sahara in the South.

Mandle

Case #42

YES
Is the man injured?
Are they in a war zone?
Has the rocket/missile that hit him not exploded and is still armed?
Does this take place in the Middle East?
Was the man shot with a weapon of war (something intended for use against people)?
Is the danger to the doctors directly or indirectly caused by the weapon that shot the man?

NO
Did he shot himself?

Cassiebsg

Are there more details to figure out?

The guy got shot with a missile in his lower abdomen, the missile did not explode now the guy is laying there still alive and in agony, but the doctors can't do anything because the missile can explode at any moment... ?

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 17/06/2017 15:50:45

The guy got shot with a missile in his lower abdomen, the missile did not explode now the guy is laying there still alive and in agony, but the doctors can't do anything because the missile can explode at any moment... ?

I think you have it solved Cassie, but I'm not sure if the whole picture of the situation is complete with this description. There is an ambiguity.

Can you say again exactly what the situation is with as much detail as you can?

Cassiebsg

Probably not, since I don't know what are the exact details you are after.

But we've also established that it's during a war in the Middle East... though maybe not sure if the man was intentionally shot by the enemy or shot by an accidental shot by friendly fire.

Was the man intentionally shot by the enemy?
Was he accidentally shot by friendly fire?
Did the man survived?

Snarky

Personally I'm not quite clear on what kind of explosive missile might get stuck in someone's body.

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 17/06/2017 15:50:45

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 17/06/2017 17:32:48
Personally I'm not quite clear on what kind of explosive missile might get stuck in someone's body.

Okay, I'm going to call it solved now as it seems there is a clear picture of what has happened.

Sorry Cassie, but for me (probably nit-picking) your solution did not actually mention that the projectile was still lodged inside the man's abdomen. It could have also meant that the projectile was somewhere close to him after having, for example, grazed past his abdomen, ripped it open, or something like that.

The fact that the RPG projectile was impaling the soldier's lower abdomen/pelvic region and had not exploded is the factor that made an operation by army surgeons impossible: Under army rules the doctors were not allowed to operate because of the high risk of everyone becoming "pink mist" (gotta love army slang: simple, poetic, brutal). They had to have a bomb disposal expert "operate" on the soldier first, removing the RPG round (which is a rocket about a meter long) from where it cut through him, and then the surgeons quickly rushed in and actually managed to save the man's life. He received the purple heart and medal of valor and although he usually uses a cane to walk with now, he managed to walk from his chair, receive his medals, and return to his chair without it.

Here is a link to the full story, with further amazing details of this true-life case including the bravery of his mates that helped him get to the extraction zone, and the helicopter pilots who ignored army regulations and flew him to the hospital:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392699/Incredible-story-Channing-Moss-soldier-survived-impaled-unexploded-bomb-Afghanistan.html

I'm gonna call that Cassie solved it, and Snarky as the back-up in case Cassie doesn't want the next case.

Cassiebsg

Snarky can take it. (nod)

Sorry Mandle, yes in my mind I meant the missil was lodged inside him when I asked "Has the rocket/missile that hit him not exploded and is still armed? (cause I'm sure he would be dead otherwise... (roll) )". Since it was already established that "Is the bullet still in the man? (Yes, but it's not a bullet)"...
So sorry I didn't included it in the "solution"... (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 18/06/2017 09:20:51
Snarky can take it. (nod)

Sorry Mandle, yes in my mind I meant the missil was lodged inside him when I asked "Has the rocket/missile that hit him not exploded and is still armed? (cause I'm sure he would be dead otherwise... (roll) )". Since it was already established that "Is the bullet still in the man? (Yes, but it's not a bullet)"...
So sorry I didn't included it in the "solution"... (laugh)

Yeah, sorry as well, but I had to make sure it was included in the "solution" as it was the main point of the story...

I was 99.9% sure you meant that, but felt it really needed to be said in the solution and not just listed above in the answers...

So, over to Snarky if he wants the next round...

Snarky

Sorry, can't do it, too much stuff going on to commit to updating a thread right now.

Mandle

Okay...then let's throw it open to the first person who comes along with a new case then...

Us sleuths can just kick back with our feet up on our battered old desks until the phone rings, and dream of hot dames (or dudes) with killer gams strutting in the door (the one with the frosted glass window with our names and "P.I." on the outside)

(Smoking is optional)

Kumpel

Case #43

This armed robbery case went into criminal history and every crime scene unit trainee after this has to know it. What got the robber caught?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk