The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 01/11/2017 00:40:46
Snarky, did you watch "It Follows"? I thought that was a great horror movie even with all its flaws.

I started, but only finished it today. Yeah, I thought it was great!

I liked all the fucked-up forms the It took. Apart from a couple of makeup effects and a really tall guy they all just looked like people, but often so weirdly wrong and out of place. Nudity put to very effective use!

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 02/11/2017 09:35:29
Apart from a couple of makeup effects and a really tall guy they all just looked like people, but often so weirdly wrong and out of place.

It was the tall man that freaked me out the most, especially the first time he appeared out of the darkness, and then later when he passed by the shack's window briefly. I think it was that you could never see his face clearly, so it could have been anything.

Cassiebsg

* Cassiebsg is back from the afterlife (laugh)

Thanks for a fun horrifying game :-D was fun to "participate" from the passive side. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

The Last To Know

Oh, only 2 points... I tried not to take the obvious choices and failed miserably. But nevermind, in the end this game blew my head away :grin:

Mandle

Let's do one in the basic style (YES or NO questions, Max 5 per update), if perhaps a bit controversial:

Case #52

The American Federal Government suddenly approves sweeping gun control laws nationwide. Why?

Yes (nod)

No (wrong)

Kumpel

Is the POTUS involved in this decision?
Has there been a huge shooting with lots of casualties?
Is this a nearly futuristic scenario?

dayowlron

is there a democratic controlled congress?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Snarky

Is this a consequence of some new technology?

Mandle

Case #52

The American Federal Government suddenly approves sweeping gun control laws nationwide. Why?

YES (nod)

Is the POTUS involved in this decision? (An Executive Order from the POTUS to be precise: Unfortunately even the POTUS couldn't order such a thing in the real world. Let's assume for the sake of this "What If?" argument that the POTUS has dictator-like powers to some extent but still needs congress to pass laws that affect the entire nation)

NO (wrong)

Is this a nearly futuristic scenario? (No, but this scenario couldn't actually happen in the real world, unfortunately. It's more of a "What If?" kind of case.)

Not Important

Is there a democratic controlled congress? (I assume you mean the Democratic party)
Has there been a huge shooting with lots of casualties? (Most likely several but congress has never done anything meaningful before even after multiple mass shootings. So, while being the trigger events that started this action, they are not the direct reason why the new laws were suddenly passed.)

Snarky

Does this happen in the past?
Do the Founding Fathers get a glimpse of the future of constant mass shootings that will otherwise come to pass?

Mandle

Case #52

YES (nod)

Is the POTUS involved in this decision? (An Executive Order from the POTUS to be precise: Unfortunately even the POTUS couldn't order such a thing in the real world. Let's assume for the sake of this "What If?" argument that the POTUS has dictator-like powers to some extent but still needs congress to pass laws that affect the entire nation)

NO (wrong)

Is this a nearly futuristic scenario? (No, but this scenario couldn't actually happen in the real world, unfortunately. It's more of a "What If?" kind of case.)
Do the Founding Fathers get a glimpse of the future of constant mass shootings that will otherwise come to pass?

Not Important

Is there a democratic controlled congress? (I assume you mean the Democratic party)
Has there been a huge shooting with lots of casualties? (Most likely several but congress has never done anything meaningful before even after multiple mass shootings. So, while being the trigger events that started this action, they are not the direct reason why the new laws were suddenly passed.)

Stupot

Is it In order to stop an attempt at revolution by the American people?

Mandle

Case #52

YES (nod)

NO (wrong)

Is it In order to stop an attempt at revolution by the American people? (No, but interesting scenario nonetheless)

Not Important

Stupot

I'm wondering what the trick is (if there is one):

When you say "guns" are you referring to weapons that fire bullets such as handguns, rifles, shotguns etc.
When you say "nationwide" are these gun control laws in fact being forced by the US government onto a nation other than America?
When you say "gun-control laws" are you talking about banning/restricting them?

Mandle

Case #52

YES (nod)

When you say "guns" are you referring to weapons that fire bullets such as handguns, rifles, shotguns etc.
When you say "gun-control laws" are you talking about banning/restricting them?

NO (wrong)

Is it In order to stop an attempt at revolution by the American people? (No, but interesting scenario nonetheless)
When you say "nationwide" are these gun control laws in fact being forced by the US government onto a nation other than America?

Not Important

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 08/11/2017 05:40:09
I'm wondering what the trick is (if there is one):

There is no trick of the kind you are feeling around for.

CaptainD

Is an alien race involved in some way?
Is the reason behind the banning actually due to a secondary effect of the guns being fired?
Has human hearing for some reason become more acute?

Stupot

Have the government been hypnotised?

Riaise

Were the actions of another country involved in the decision?
Did the President make the decision due to something that had happened to them personally?

Snarky

Five questions per round, right?

Is a supernatural/miraculous event or phenomenon involved?
Is the decision motivated by some new research finding (or new evidence for something)?
Is the decision based on a different legal doctrine/interpretation than the Supreme Court and Congress currently follow?
Is the reason for the gun control laws to reduce gun killings?
Is the decision driven by lobbyists?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk