The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Stupot

Is everyone now required to own/carry a gun?

Cassiebsg

Is everyone now allowed to have a gun (as in also convicted criminals and such, that currently can't legally buy/own one)
Has the price of guns/ammo dropped to insane low prices, making it easier to buy?
Can you now buy guns and ammo anywhere, not just in gun shops and markets/fairs, but also in supermarkets and such?

(sorry if some have been asked before, list is way too big to keep track :-[ )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

Has the President blocked Congress from having any restrictions on people bringing guns into the Capitol?
Has the President somehow blocked members of Congress from having security/police protection (either individual or in the Capitol)?

Stupot

Does the president intend for the members of congress to come to harm as a result of the EO?

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 18/11/2017 08:47:22
Has the President blocked Congress from having any restrictions on people bringing guns into the Capitol?
Has the President somehow blocked members of Congress from having security/police protection (either individual or in the Capitol)?

We have a winner!!!

SOLUTION: The President passed an Executive Order that bans all security measures on Capitol Hill (metal-detectors, checkpoints, security guards etc.) and also personal security for members of Congress and for their families and residences. In other words: They now must live with the same danger that 99% of the country lives with. Sweeping gun-control laws are suddenly passed!

Snarky

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 20/11/2017 11:22:23
All right! That was a tough one!

I'm kinda glad it was hardish although I didn't think it would be when I started it... It's hard to anticipate how tough a round will be ahead of time as it can get sidetracked a bit along the way with red-herring-type questions that the GM has to decide to just answer honestly or provide hints to lead players away from that dead-end path...

All very interesting as a game-design study though at the end of the day.

Snarky...Please give us a new one!

Snarky

I'm really happy you're keeping this game alive, Mandle! Excellent work GM-ing.

I've usually found with my ones that when people get lost it is due to some logical flaw or weakness in the scenario that didn't become obvious until people ask a bunch of questions about it. It would be a good way to test out concepts for an adventure game, if they can be adapted to the format.

I'll try to think of another one.

Stupot

That was a hard one. It didn't help that for the first half I thought that the gun control law change was the executive order. I didn't realise until Mandle made it clear[er] that the gun control law was a reaction to the EO. Once I realised that the game got more interesting.

janleht

Time for a new case?
I have a suitable crime story in mind, if it's ok to burst in.

Snarky

Oh yeah, sorry for dropping the ball. Go for it!

Mandle

Quote from: janleht on Mon 27/11/2017 11:43:56
Time for a new case?
I have a suitable crime story in mind, if it's ok to burst in.

Can't wait! It's been so long since I got to play one of these!

janleht

Case#53

A man strangled his wife. After an hour he burned a shed down. What happened during that hour?

YES

NO

Mandle

Was his wife's body inside the shed?
Did the shed contain evidence that might convict him of a crime?
Did the man escape conviction of his crime(s)?

janleht

No
Was his wife's body inside the shed?
Did the shed contain evidence that might convict him of a crime?

Unknown/Irrelevant
Did the man escape conviction of his crime(s)? (The story doesn't go that far)

Mandle

Did the man's wife die from the strangulation?
Did the man die in the fire?
Was the fire set to provide the man with some kind of alibi?

Kumpel

Did the man know that he strangled her?
Did he intend to burn the shed?
Has the shed been in possession of one of them?

CaptainD

Was burning the shed part of some sort of funeral ceremony?
Was this a case of euthanasia?
Was the shed empty?

Snarky

Was he sleeping when he did any of this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk