The "Black Stories" crime riddles thread

Started by Kumpel, Mon 13/03/2017 23:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Case#57: Tech Support

As a tech support worker on a phone service for a range of obscure software products you don't usually get a call like this:

Caller: "HELP!!! I'M C-C-COVERED IN BLOOD AND I D-DON'T KNOW W-W-WHY!!!"
Response: "Hello, this is the Obscure Software Service Line. Which product did you purchase or need help with? "
Caller: "S-SO MUCH BLOOD! ACK!!! G-GET IT O-OFF ME!!!"
Response: "Are you sure it's blood?"
Caller: "IT'S FUCKING B-B-BLOOD AND IT'S A-ALL F-F-FUCKING OVER ME!!!"
Response:"Please disconnect and dial your local emergency number."
Caller: "I'M ON THE F-F-FLOOR! I C-C-CAN'T REACH TH-TH-THE PHONE!!"
Response:"Are you calling from your place of work?"
Caller: "I'M IN A PHONE BOX!!!"
Response:"What can you see outside?"
Caller: "I-IT'S D-D-DARK!!! I S-SEE SOME F-F-...FUCK!...F-F-FIRES!!!"
Response:"Can you determine if the blood is yours?"
Caller: "I-I-I DON'T TH-THINK S-SO... S-SOME O-O-OF IT M-MUST B-BE... OHHHH G-GOD!!!"
Response:"Okay, sir. I need you to take a deep breath and tell me your name."
Caller: "I'll t-t-try...(sound of several deep breaths)...O-okay...B-b-but I can't r-remem... (SOUND OF MASSIVE EXPLOSION NEARBY)
Response:"What is the last thing you remember before calling this number?"

At this point in the transcript the voices of others in the call center overlap that of the responder:

Background voices:"...just heard about...it's Washington...happening in Washington...my daughter's in Washi...OH MY GO..."

Caller: "G-G-Gerald came over f-for d-dinner. I t-told him the b-b-big news. I-I t-told him I was pr-pre-preg... GAH!!! A-A-AAA-AAAHHHH!!! I R-RE-REMEMBER!!!"
Response:"Are you in Washington?"
Caller: "YES! I-I'm in W-Washington...I n-need to sp-sp-speak w-w-with my mo..."
Response:"Is anyone with you?"
Caller: "N-No, not a-a-anymore. My n-name is Stephanie. I n-ne-need to speak w-wi-wi-with my mommy."
Response:"Okay, Where's your mother, Stephanie?"
Caller: "She w-works a-at your c-ca...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! M-MY H-HE-HEAD!!!" (SOUND OF PEOPLE SCREAMING NEARBY CUT OFF BY A SPLATTERING NOISE, SILENCE, AND THEN WHAT SOUNDS LIKE DISTANT ARTILLERY FIRE)

Response:"Stephanie? Are you still there? What's your mother's name?"
Caller: "URRGGH... Cathy. Her name i-is C-Cathy." (SOUND OF INCOMING ARTILLERY SHELLS SCREAMING THROUGH THE AIR)

Response:(AWAY FROM MOUTHPIECE) "HEY! LISTEN UP! ANYONE NAMED CATHY HERE?! I THINK YOUR DAUGHTER IS ON MY LINE!"
Distant Voice: "ME! THAT'S ME!"

Caller: "TTTHHHHH..." (SOUND OF SEVERAL HEAVY THRUMMING THUNKS AND THEN THUDS AND NEARBY EXPLOSIONS)

(After a moment there is the rustle of people shifting and the phone exchanging hands)

Cathy:"STEPHIE?!"
Stephanie: "M-M-MOMMY?!"

(Players are limited to one response to Stephanie from her mother Cathy per post. The GM (me) will decide if responses are eligible as serious replies to Stephanie.)

dayowlron

Am I speaking to Cathy?

Is Stephanie ok?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Cassiebsg

* Cassiebsg turns on tv/radio and wonders is the "war of the worlds" has started yet...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 16/03/2018 19:19:24
* Cassiebsg turns on tv/radio and wonders is the "war of the worlds" has started yet...
If it's Washington, must be Independence Day.

Stephanie, I'm so glad you called. Are you hurt?

Mandle

As a tech support worker on a phone service for a range of obscure software products you don't usually get a call like this:

Response: "Hello, this is the Obscure Software Service Line. Which product did you purchase or need help with? "
Caller: "I-I-I DON'T TH-THINK S-SO... S-SOME O-O-OF IT M-MUST B-BE... OHHHH G-GOD!!!"
Caller: "I'll t-t-try...(sound of several deep breaths)...O-okay...B-b-but I can't r-remem... (SOUND OF MASSIVE EXPLOSION NEARBY)

At this point in the transcript the voices of others in the call center overlap that of the responder:

Background voices:"...just heard about...it's Washington...happening in Washington...my daughter's in Washi...OH MY GO..."

Caller: "G-G-Gerald came over f-for d-dinner. I t-told him the b-b-big news. I-I t-told him I was pr-pre-preg... GAH!!! A-A-AAA-AAAHHHH!!! I R-RE-REMEMBER!!!"
Caller: "YES! I-I'm in W-Washington...I n-need to sp-sp-speak w-w-with my mo..."
Caller: "N-No, not a-a-anymore. My n-name is Stephanie. I n-ne-need to speak w-wi-wi-with my mommy."
Caller: "She w-works a-at your c-ca...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! M-MY H-HE-HEAD!!!" (SOUND OF PEOPLE SCREAMING NEARBY CUT OFF BY A SPLATTERING NOISE, SILENCE, AND THEN WHAT SOUNDS LIKE DISTANT ARTILLERY FIRE)

Caller: "URRGGH... Cathy. Her name i-is C-Cathy." (SOUND OF INCOMING ARTILLERY SHELLS SCREAMING THROUGH THE AIR)

Response:(AWAY FROM MOUTHPIECE) "HEY! LISTEN UP! ANYONE NAMED CATHY HERE?! I THINK YOUR DAUGHTER IS ON MY LINE!"

Caller: "TTTHHHHH..." (SOUND OF SEVERAL HEAVY THRUMMING THUNKS AND THEN THUDS AND NEARBY EXPLOSIONS)

(After a moment there is the rustle of people shifting and the phone exchanging hands)

Cathy:"Stephanie, I'm so glad you called. Are you hurt?"
Stephanie: "N-Not yet. But th-they are t-trying. I-It's out ag-again, Mommy. I-It k-ki-ki-killed Ger.. I-I-I killed G-G-Gerald."

(Players are limited to one response to Stephanie from her mother Cathy per post. The GM (me) will decide if responses are eligible as serious replies to Stephanie.)

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 16/03/2018 19:19:24

I haven't ignored this action... Will get to it in next update...

Cassiebsg

(that's okay, I'm just not sure what to do next... guess I can ask: )

- What do you mean you killed Gerald?

Tabata

Is Gerald your unborn baby, your husband or your friend ...?

Stupot

Oh Stephanie. Did you forget to take your meds again?

Mandle

Cathy:"Stephanie, I'm so glad you called. Are you hurt?"
Stephanie: "N-Not yet. But th-they are t-trying. I-It's out ag-again, Mommy. I-It k-ki-ki-killed Ger.. I-I-I killed G-G-Gerald."
Cathy:"What do you mean you killed Gerald?"
Stephanie: "EEEEIIHHHH! It'S HuRtIinG MEEEE... F-FU-FUCK!!! EnnGGGg... Sh-SH-ShUtting it out f-F-for as long as I can!!!"

Background Voice:"...UT UP! THERE'S SOMETHING ON THE NEWS!"

At this point in the transcript the voice of a television news anchor overlaps that of the recorded phone call:

Background TV Voice:"...rying to make sense of the footage we are receiving. A dome-shap...I don't know what to call it...Some kind of blueish glow has engul..."

Stephanie: "Mom, listen quick while I can talk okay. Remember when I was little and I made things happen? When I got angry and stuff broke and my dolls got ripped apart, right?! Oh, Jesus, it...I did that to Gerald! I'd been doing real good at keeping it inside but...with the baby inside me it's gotten so hard t-t-to...NNGgffff..."
Cathy:"Was Gerald the father?"
Stephanie: "...MMMmmph...but he told me he's already m-married and tried to give me some money f-f-for an a-ab-abo...CAAAaaaan't-t-t TAKE TH-THIS!!! M-Mommy!!! I-If I could j-just calm d-d-down they can get to me and end this."

Mandle

As it seems I might have killed this thread with my experiments into other directions it could take I will try to revive it by going back to the classic structure:

Players may ask only yes or no questions.
Limited to 3 questions per player per update.

Case#58: Killed By Love

She was killed by those she loved the most. What happened?

YES

NO

Cassiebsg

Was "she" a pet?

(uhm... I totally forgot about this thread... :-[ Might have "died" out when you went on vacation, maybe? )

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 03/07/2018 17:01:56
(uhm... I totally forgot about this thread... :-[ Might have "died" out when you went on vacation, maybe? )

Hmmm... I guess so... I had no internet while away but came back and saw no feedback actions from players so I just kind of assumed the interest was gone... Maybe we can continue Case #57 at some future point... But for now...

YES

NO
Was "she" a pet?

dayowlron

Was she diabetic but had a sweet tooth?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Tabata

Was she a human?
Did she love someone or something she was allergic to?
Was she murdered by accident?

Mandle

YES
Was she a human?

NO
Was "she" a pet?
Was she murdered by accident? (Hmmm...Not exactly "by accident")

Stupot

Was she killed by a relative?
Was she killed deliberately?
Was she killed by a decision she made herself?

Mandle

YES
Was she a human?
Was she killed deliberately? (As with the "by accident" answer below this one is borderline, but yes)
Was she killed by a decision she made herself? (Kind of unavoidably, and not knowingly, but yes)

NO
Was "she" a pet?

CaptainD

Did she die in a hospital?
Did she die due to the administration of medication?
Did she die due to the non-administration of medication?

Mandle

YES
Was she a human?
Was she killed deliberately? (As with the "by accident" answer below this one is borderline, but yes)
Was she killed by a decision she made herself? (Kind of unavoidably, and not knowingly, but yes)

NO
Was "she" a pet?
Did she die in a hospital?
Did she die due to the administration of medication?
Did she die due to the non-administration of medication?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk